Chapter Twenty-Seven

Hailey's POV

I feel a strong pair of arms wrapped around me before I even open my eyes. Slow circles are drawn on my back, soothing me awake as I listen to soft heartbeats. I shift my position a little, wrapping my arms around her while nestling my head in her neck.

I don't think I've ever felt this comfortable.

"Are you awake?"

Leah's voice makes me wide awake, my hear starts racing faster and I loosen my grip around her.

Are we literally cuddling right now?

I open my eyes slowly and im met with her face, looking down at me while I'm lying on her chest. I try putting some distance between us, turning to lie on my back instead.

We're close to each other. Too close.

Maybe inviting her to sleep in the same bed wasn't the best idea after all. Maybe I should have taken the couch.

"Sorry for ummh... invading your personal space" I apologise because I feel like I should.

"Its alright" Leah says with a raspy voice, "How'd you sleep?"

"I slept... alright" I reply, which is an obvious lie.

"Realy? Only alright?" Leah raises her eyebrows but I don't reply and thankfully, she doesn't push it.

"How did you sleep?"

"It was hard for me to fall asleep" Leah says and turns to lie on her side while facing me, giving me her full attention.

"I should have warned you that I move a lot in my sleep" I say feeling guilty.

"It wasn't that, its just... you said my name a lot in your sleep"

My eyes open wide when I hear her say that. There's no way... is there?

"You're joking right?" I ask as Leah shakes her head, "no I didn't"

"If you didn't actually fall asleep on top of me, I would have reached for my phone and taken a video" she giggles.

"So what? I was probably having a nightmare"

"It didn't sound like it" Leah says and I sit up in bed, "be careful or I'll start thinking you're obsessed with me or something"

"That's rich coming from you, you were practically watching me sleep:

"Wow, slow down there, you were the one who said I could join you and you were also sleeping on my side of the bed. Don't blame me for it"

"And im leaving" I get up, already feeling a headache kicking in because of all of this teasing this early in the morning and I start looking around for my suitcase. Leah watches my every move.

"You sure you don't want to stay for breakfast?" she asks while getting up as well, one of her hands running through her bed hair, trying to make it decent but failing by making it even more messier.

"And eat burned eggs? No thanks" I say sarcastically while picking up a shirt and Leah chuckles from behind.

"I was thinking about my mums waffle recipe but ive also managed to master the burned eggs"

"Sorry but..." I turn to look at her, "im meeting up with Caitlin"

"Can Lia and I join?" Leah asks as I finally pick out an outfit that I like.

Oh no

I really didn't expect her to want to come. Any other day I wouldn't have minded but after what happened last night... I cant even think straight around her anymore.

"Arent you tired of me already?" I say avoiding eye contact, "the press doesn't have to catch us together 24/7 to believe that we're dating. You don't have to ruin your plans for me"

"Im not ruining my plans" Leah says and I start walking towards the bathroom to get ready for the day, "you were kind of my only plans" she mutters.

Wait, did she actually want to hang out with me? Not forced to, not asked to, but willingly, on her free will?

I slightly turn my head towards her direction and I see her standing in the middle of the room, looking at me with her mouth slightly open and her hands on her hips. Im just about to offer her to tag along then...

"You know what? She looks at her feet, "I just remembered that I have this thing so I'll just..." she says and points at the hotel door before walking out.

That went great.