Chapter Five

"Hailey! Wait up!"

I stop walking when I hear someone calling my name from behind.  When I turn around, I see Caitlin running up to catch up on me. 

"Caitlin, hey!" I greet her with a smile, a bit nervous because this is the first time she has ever talked to me. 

"Mind if I walk with you?" she asks out of breath.

"Not at all" I kindly answer and we start walking towards the pitch for warm up. 

"So, how have you been?" she asks and then takes a sip out of her water bottle.

"Good!" I give her a short answer, instead of telling her that I cried my eyes out last night and am currently running on two hours of sleep. 

"Listen, im actually throwing a little get together tonight, you should come" she says when we stopped walking since we arrived in the middle of the pitch.

It's so nice of her to invite me, but im nervous about how many people will be there.  Ive never felt too comfortable in crowded and closed off places.  I thought id get used to it, because of all the attention you get from this type of job, but it genuinely doesn't get any easier. 

"Little as in the entire team will be there?" I raise my eyebrows while fixing my hair which is up in a ponytail.

"Nah, just me you and the girls" she says calmly. 

"Alright, ill be there"

"Good luck today!: she says before she starts walking away with a smile which I return. 

"You too!" I shout behind her and I head towards my group for warm up. 

Before I can start warming up, I feel a tug on my hair which immediately falls over my shoulders.

What the hell?

I turn around to see where my hair tie fell on the floor, when I see Leah staring back at me while walking away.  She puts buy hair tie on her right wrist where she is wearing her other bracelets and rushes over to her own group.

This asshole! Why won't she leave me alone?

I start walking towards Leah like a mad woman.  She doesn't get to treat me like shit anymore.  Im so over it.  And to think that she only acts this way towards me and no one else. 

"Hmm Hailey? Our group is over here?" Katie says confused when I walk past her, but I want to have a talk with the Captain and ive already made my mind up. 

I walk up to her group, my eyes searching for her but landing on Kim instead. 

Kim approaches me with a confused look on her face but a smile nonetheless. 

"Hailey!" 

"Hey Kim" I try putting on a smile to cover up the fact that im murdering Leah in my head right now.

"You okay?" she says and puts her hands on her waist.

"Oh you want to help kill Leah with me?" I say sarcastically, earning a laugh from Kim.

"It would be my pleasure but unfortunately we need her" she says.

"Oh hi Hailey"

Me and Kim turn our heads towards where the voice came from. 

Behind Kim, Leah gets into view, adjusting her hair, my band still on her wrist.

Im not going to lie, she looks so good right now. 

Dont look. Dont look. Dont look.

"Are you going to say something or just stare at me?" Leah says with a cold tone, immediately bringing back to what she said to me in the tunnel.

When I look back at Leah now, I feel nothing but anger and disgust. 

"I'll leave you guys to it" Kim says, removing herself from the situation, but not before she whispers, "call me if you need me to bail you out of jail"

"What the fuck did I do to you this time?" I start yelling at her, and Leah starts to walk away, and I follow behind her. 

"You know what I think? Swearing doesn't look pretty in a woman's mouth" she says, her back turned on me while she sips some water. 

"I dont give a fuck about what you think Williamson" I say and she slowly turns to face me. 

"I take it back, it is beautiful coming from your lips" Leah says smirking. 

I can't tell if she's flirting with me or starting a fight.  Why is she always playing games with me? im sick of it. 

"Give me that back" I tell her, pointing at her wrist and she looks down at my hair tie. 

"No" she murmurs and takes a few steps towards me.

"What do you mean no?" I ask Leah with a scoff, who is now standing inches away from me. 

"This one is mine"

I take a few steps back to put distance between up but she keeps walking towards me, closing the distance im creating. 

"I need that hair tie for the game today" I state with a low voice, the entire confidence I walked onto the pitch with entirely leaving my body. 

"Beg for it"

Leah's face tilts a bit on the side, her nose almost making contact with mine.. I try to get myself to push her away from me, but my hands won't move. 

Suddenly, her fingers slightly brush with the side of my arm while they slide down slowly, my skin burning where she is touching me.

I try to speak up, argue, say anything, make her stop... but im not sure I want her to stop. 

Leah sees the way I react to her touch and she smirks at me. 

"How about this... if you pull yourself out of the squad for the match ill give this back to you" 

I take a deep breath and raise my head up, looking her in the eye.

"Are you ready to finish last in this little game youre playing here? I won't give in" I tell her, dying to see her face when I score a goal, im determined to.

"The only time I finish last is when I fuck"

My body goes rigid with her words.  I finally manage to get myself away from her presence and I walk further away from her, my back turned on her. 

"You can keep it, I dont want it back"