Chapter Twelve

"Why are you here?" I ask when I see Hailey standing outside my door.  Im not surprised to see her here after what happened today, but then again I wasn't expecting her to actually show up at my door. 

I look down at what she's holding and I see a piece of paper similar to the one that's sitting on my coffee table.

I know why she's here.

"We have to talk" Is all she says and I open the door wider and step aside for her to get in.  Hesitation is written all over her face at first, like she wasn't expecting me to actually invite her in. 

Hailey walks inside my apartment and stands there awkwardly, eyeing me up. She seems like she's shaking.  Is she... nervous? As if she could read my thoughts, she turns her head up, standing a bit straighter.  I turn my head towards the sofa, signalling for her to sit down and she takes a seat while I stand to keep some distance between us. 

"So?" I ask after some minutes of silence since none of us dares to speak first. 

"Leah-"

"Im sorry" I whisper and my entire body goes numb as I hold my breath.

"What?" Hailey looks up at me from where she is sitting and I bite my tongue this time. 

"Come on, dont make me say it again" I turn my back on her, embarrassed. 

"I heard what you said, its just... I wasn't expecting for you to apologise when I came here"

I wasn't expecting to apologise to her either but it kind of just slipped out.  There are a few things that I need to apologise to her about... okay maybe like a lot.  But for some reason I just can't do it.

I cough a little to clear my throat.

"Well, believe it or not, I can own up to my mistakes" I say while turning around and Hailey raises up one of her eyebrows. 

"Dont make me regret apologising in the first place.  This is already hard for me"

Hailey giggles a bit then bites her lower lip to stop herself from smiling.  She is enjoying this.  Enjoying me suffer. 

"I dont forgive you" she says now with a straight face as I cross my hands in front of me while leaning my back on the wall. 

'What? Why?" I look at her in disbelief.

"Its going to take more than that"

"I already apologised, what do you want me to do? Get on my knees and beg?"

"Perhaps" she smirks.

She's playing me.  But I dont like to play fair. 

We look at each other, never breaking eye contact when I start moving towards her slowly.  Ones there's barely any distance between us, I use my knee to part her legs so I can stand even closer to her while she looks up at me from sitting down on my sofa.  I can feel her breathing begin to quicken, it being a fair representation of mine while I take a lock of her hair and put it behind her ear. 

"W-what are you doing?" Hailey asks and I get on my knees, now eye level with her, using one of my hands to keep my balance on the sofa while I roam the other on her body, it slowly stroking her clothed thigh. 

"I'm sorry" I murmur, sounding genuine this time. 

"Leah" Hailey says with a threatening tone and with a cold stare, but it doesn't affect me because my whole body is burning up at the mention of my name from her lips.

"What? Im apologising" I say innocently and more my hand towards her inner thigh. 

I can feel her get tense under my touch and I can't help but smirk, satisfied with the reaction that im getting out of her. 

"Is this what you call apologising?" she says out of breath, putting her hand on top of mine, peeling it away from her. 

'Its my way"

Hailey's POV

I immediately stand up, moving myself as far away as possible from Leah's presence. 

One moment she's humiliating me and saying unkind things to me and the other she is literally all over me.  It's so confusing, and I hate her for it.  I hate how she's always messing around with my thoughts and feelings. 

I stare out of the window, trying to make sense out of everything when I feel Leag shift positions behind me, now standing up. 

"So, are we really doing this?" Leah says and I turn to look at her, "being in a relationship?"

"Don't say it like that, its just pretend" I roll my eyes and she gives me an all knowing look.

"Right... so pretending to be together"

"We dont have any other choice, do we?" I say annoying this time, trying to make Leah somewhat guilty since we are in this situation because of her. 

"Alright then" she says while walking towards her coffee table where several papers are lying. 

"What are you doing?" I ask when I can't see what Leah is doing as her body is blocking the way.

I shift my position, walking closer to her and I see her shoving some letters quickly inside a drawer and then picking up the PR contract that looks exactly like mine and signing it without any hesitation. 

"Why did you sign it right away? We had to talk about it together first!"

'Whats there to talk about?" Leah asks, turning towards me handing me the pen, "we might not get along but this problem is bigger than the two of us"

"So nice to think about something other than yourself" I say and take the pen Leah is offering me, lining it up on the blank space. 

I hesitate at first, the ink from the pen soaking the paper as I think about all the things that I will have to deal with after I write my signature down. 

I take a deep breath.

"Try not to fall in love with me" Leah says from beside me. 

"As if" I roll my eyes at her, knowing she hates it when I do that, my voice filled with sarcasm. 

I look down at the pen, trying to make my hand stop shaking as I write my signature. 

That's it. There's no going back now. Ive officially signed my soul away. From now on, a part of is Leah's in a way and a part of her is mine.