𝑮𝒉𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒆

𝑮𝒉𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒆—-𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

Playing Ghost in the machine by SZA

Do you know the feeling? You feel lost. So utterly stolen from your consciousness and decisions?

Your head hurts but the pain isn't there each moment you think about it like it didn't exist. Like your mind is playing tricks on yourself.

You don't know yourself like you think you do. Well it's ok. It's okay. It will be ok because you don't need to know yourself to live. Eat, sleep, repeat. You don't need to know who you are to survive. Or do you?

Your breaths taken for a moment but the you realise something. Something spine-chilling.

That lump in your throat that you thought you swallowed. That breath you thought you had, exhaled and inhaled, it was never there.

Because you are barely living in shell that is you. You aren't breathing, that lump was never there. You don't eat nor sleep. Your head hurts but you won't feel it. It's like you don't live in this body at all.

A ghost in a machine.

The morning was deathly silent. Some had awoken groggily from the uncomfortable setting whilst some fought to stay asleep for the possible little time of rest that was to come.

They had snagged a few snacks from the staff room, though they were yet to set their hunger first as it was wise to wait til everyone was awake to distribute the food.

Chan had gotten up and was quietly looking outside for any way out or any issues. It was deadly silent with the odd few undead wandering which they couldn't decided whether it was a good thing or later.

He sighed into the glass, there was a very low chance of getting out of here in the moment.
They all wanted to survive and leave this prison but they were at a loss.

"We need to get out of here soon. We don't have much food or water to sustain us." Chan turned around to face a disheveled Seungmin. He was right, they were low on food and it was too dangerous to stay here.

"Well I can't think of any other routes to get out." Chan huffed, bringing his palm to rub on his irritated puffy eyes. There was a certain feeling they would be spending a while in here.

The night had gone so fast that it felt like they had barely closed their eyes. Chan let out another shaky sigh before turning to the window.

What he did not expect was to see two people, specifically a guy and a girl running in the direction of the shed.

"Guys! There's two other people coming our way." Chan practically shrieked which woke the rest of the group up. It had most of them crawling up to the window to see.

A girl with bright orange hair wearing a ripped school uniform. She looked almost impassive as she swerved countless zombies. She was covered in dots of blood and dirt which was a lot compared to the groups almost untouched figures. They had spent most of their time hiding instead of fighting.

And the boy looked scared, taller than her with blonde and black hair and similar features to the girl. There was a sort of familiarity to them both but no one could put a finger on it. There was also something weird about the both of them but Chan couldn't figure out what it was.

The group, most specifically Chan, Jeongin, Jisung and Felix made work of trying to get their attention. They waved and knocked on the glass window lightly til the girl had seen them. She looked shocked almost, but they didn't stop. They hurried over to the shed, Changbin already at the ready to let them in.

He closed the door behind them as they caught their breaths. The others just stared at them, well not really Hyunjin or Seungmin. Hyunjin was still half asleep with his head stuffed in his arms. And Seungmin just could care less.

The girl looked around a moment, before her eyes were widening and becoming glossy with unshed tears.

"Hyunjin....?"

The boy with her looked over with the same amount of shock, practically tripping over her to the boy who stirred from his name.

"Jinnie? It's me, Niki?" Hyunjin was fully awake, shooting up as he stared between the boy and girl. To be honest the group couldn't have been more confused.

"Oh my god! Yeji! Niki you're alive." His eyes watered heavily as he pounced forward to capture the boy in a hug. Yeji moved forward patting both boys in the heads with a fond smile. Upon noticing the confused looks she sent a quick smile.

"Nice to meet you all. I'm Yeji, Hyunjin's sister and this is Niki our younger brother." Realisation fell on the group as they made short introductions (apart from Seungmin, who was named by a teary eyed Hyunjin).

Yeji slightly staggered in her place but was quick to brush it off with a weary smile. Niki glanced back at her worried but turned his attention back to his brother who was speaking almost exasperated. The group only really observed them as they caught up in things, though something in chan gut swirled in an awful sense of something bad.

Chan always trusted his gut but right now it was twisting in such a way he felt himself have to bite back a grimace. Something bad was coming and it was almost painful to admit that he felt a weird vibe from the siblings that had just arrived.

He wanted to shake it away he really did, but after the life he had lived he knew it was pointless. Mentally, he came to the conclusion to watch the duo, something was wrong and he had to figure out what.

Because if his gut was true, some may possible not make it to see the sky freely ever again.

??? POV

I told him this would be a bad idea. I know that this will only upset him more but if I can help it I want to follow this idea to the end.

Even when my chest is beating loudly like I'm on the edge of something terrible. Even when my eyes run dry on tears that flow down these dry cheeks. Even if the world is ending, which I'm sure it is. I'll follow him to the end of the world. And I'll make sure to see him safe before it does.

Because the longer I fight these emotions and desires. The longer I get with him.

Only god can help me now.

An:

Barely a note but what are y'all's thoughts so far? Any theories? Any clues you don't understand? Anything unclear?