𝑷𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒑𝒆𝒕 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒊𝒏 𝒊𝒕𝒔 𝒄𝒂𝒈𝒆

𝑷𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒑𝒆𝒕 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒊𝒏 𝒊𝒕𝒔 𝒄𝒂𝒈𝒆—-𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏

Playing still don't know my name by Labrinth

Tell me.

Which do I ask forgiveness for?

For what I am? Or for what I am not?

Tell me.

Which do I regret?

What I became? Or what I didn't?

He was here.

He was here.

My throat had closed. Just like The feeling when you want to breathe, to talk but there is a force in your neck that halts that system.
I feel like I've been dunked under water, the muffled voices are loud but the ringing fear in my ear is louder. I can't help but feel like a fish gaping out of the water though, suffocation in every way.

The feeling of dissociation is prominent, my eyes zeroing on his face but feeling like I'm out of my body. The face that haunts my every moment is here, staring right back at me like the darkness that greets me every night.

And then our eyes met.

The moment they did, I felt my whole world stop.  They were still dark and unfeeling, the eyes of something so utterly lifeless it was like looking into the eyes of the dead standing up. The same eyes I always shamed away from, keeping my own stuck on the floor.

And then I was no longer standing in the abandoned town with Jeongin and Felix. I wasn't in the safe house with the others.

I wasn't even back at school.

No. I was back in that house.

That awful, godforsaken house.

Before I knew it, I was stumbling backwards in a hurry, bumping both boys back with me as oxygen clawed at my throat.

Breathe. Breathe. Breathe.

My body wasn't reacting to my pleads. I was shutting down.

I was reliving the one moment i told myself to forget. Reliving the one thing that turns my stomach in all the wrong ways. Reliving the one memory that has me waking up in cold sweats.

And never did I ever expect the feeling to be so bad. So sickening that I could feel nausea wash over me like the wave of emotions that came back. From all those years ago.

He looked impassive, his eyebrows furrowed as he took in the sight of me, like he was analysing the effect he had on me. The same effect he had always had on me.

The other men besides him faded into the background. It was just me and him. I wanted to claw out my eyes, scream until my throat splits, scratch off any piece of bare skin.