𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒔

𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒔—-𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝒕𝒘𝒐

Playing play nice by Jules Leblanc

Oooo did you guess?

Did you guess?

The birds out of the bag.

It's flown out and unfolded its wings.

It's too high for you to catch it and lock it up again.

You have yet to confess my dear.

Yet to acknowledge that soon enough you will be forced to spill your venom.

It'll overflow before you realise,

The cup spilling over the sides as you try to clean up its mess.

But it's still there and the moment is never gone.

I'm so excited for you, my dear.

You get to see the best parts of me.

The best parts of them.

The worst parts of me.

The worst parts of them.

But if I'm being truthful.

I think that the best part of both of us

Is the honest

Sinful

Infested

Deformed

Innate evil

Side that hides in the water.

"I'm sorry...that I put you on the spot."

The rest had evacuated the room in silence, the same thoughts swirling around their minds as they avoided company of another. Changbin and Chan had hung back, a slight tension as they found themselves sitting in a similar silence.

Well that was until Changbin broke it, guilt slipping onto his face as he faced Chan. Chan looked up from his lap, not able to find words for a few seconds as he stared back.

He cleared his throat, slightly uncomfortable as he glanced away.

"It's ok. You did what you had to do." He took a deep breath before he had the confidence to turn back again. "I don't get excluded from your statement. I do have something to hide. You weren't wrong."

"I know...but i felt a little bad about it afterwards." Chan shook his head at the younger, sending him a smile as he leant back in his chair.

"It's ok. You did the right thing. If I'm being honest you did the best thing. We won't ever be a team with these restrictions."

Chan knew Changbin did the right thing. No matter his personal feelings or the nagging fear of having to tell them his past, he knew that it was the best solution.

He took time to analyse the others as they sat there taking in all of the information. Chan felt things were strange with the others. Small things but prominent enough to cause concern. Maybe even fear? But maybe it's because he doesn't know what they're hiding.

Seungmin was sweating, his hands rubbing against the material of his bottoms as he tried to appear normal. There was a prominent twitch in his eyebrows that showed his resistance to show anything in his face but his eyes slanted in a desperate excuse of a scowl as he attempted a glare at Changbin. Why was that?

Jisung's eyes were in his lap, wide but empty as he instead let his fits cling to the thick blanket that enclosed around his deathly still figure. Why was that?

Minho's eyes danced around the table, looking to try and distract his mind as if he looked to be tracing the lines on the wooden surface instead. Every couple of seconds he would look as if he was struggling to swallow, a lump in his throat that looked almost painful to ingest. Why was that?

Felix was similar, his eyes instead darting anywhere but the people around him, his chest breathing heavily as he looked as if he was being suffocated with nerves. Why was that?

Jeongin was impassive, eyes narrowed menacingly at Changbin as he chewed on his bottom lip,  a slight sight of blood apparent. Compared to everyone else he seemed more malicious than nervous, his jaw clenching every sentence as his teeth gritted in a grinding motion. Why was that?

Hyunjin looked more sick, pale with a sense of regret as his eyes twitched watery with a threat of tears. But he blinked them back, as if he was catching himself from falling asleep but instead jumping when his vision became too blurry. Why was that?

Changbin looked pissed with the conversation, with the reason they were having this conversation,  his head lowered as he seethed under his bangs and took deep breaths to calm himself down. Why was that?

And if chan could have analysed himself, he would tell you his mind was running as fast as a speeding train, his ears ringing loud as he shifted uncomfortable in his seat. He asked himself,  why was that?

"We need to work things out. We need schedules and rotations to keep things running." Changbin changed the topic slightly, faltering under the unblinking stare of the older. Chan blinked back into reality, feeling a small question arise even if the topic was to be forgotten.

"Down here...you use it for illegal things, don't you?" The words left his mouth before he even registered, regretting once he saw the bland look appear right back on Changbin's face.

The other sighed, moving his head to rest on his closed fist as he let his eyes wander around the room.

"I can't tell you that, Channie."

The nickname made the older flush slightly, it being the first time he heard it but he pocked his tongue in his cheek instead and held Changbin's eye contact.

"A secret for a secret?" He whispered, the surprised look on Changbin's face making him want to smile. He wouldn't be telling his secret just yet. But another smaller one could suffice.

Changbin looked to be in thought for a moment, moving his arms to cross in front of his chest. Once he met a decision, he sent a brief smile back at chan.

"Ok, secret for a secret. You first channie?"

Chan took a small breath, "I never enjoyed sports. I hate it actually"

This was clearly something to be shocked over. It was a known fact that chan indulged in various sports activities, excelling it almost all of them and being the captain in each one. So the new knowledge of this had Changbin's eyes widening as he searched for a lie on his face. But there was none.

After a second more, chan nodded his head at Changbin, signalling it was his turn.

"Ok. Yes this room is used for illegal activities."

Chan simply smiled. So did Changbin.

Maybe a sort of trust could be formed?

Maybe they could be brave enough to share without it being forced out one way or another.

An:

Why was that???

Why is everyone so on edge and what was there weird reactions? Also channie's cute 'secret for a secret'!

How do we feel so far?

Also guess what!!!

I'm writing another book! Not right now though but I have the basics and stuff. So I hope you all like it when I do decide to post it. It won't be too soon as I need to finish this one.

Maybe I'll do a little preview?