𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆

𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆—-𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚

Playing AM I DREAMING by lil nas x & Miley Cyrus

It's getting colder
And so is my heart

It's getting darker
And so are my thoughts

The leaves are falling
And so am I

Falling
(Apart)

-b.o

Chan made the courageous choice to be the first up. No one argued but there was tension for what they could find up there. They didn't want to stay down there any longer than they already did but there was a massive hole of fear forming in their stomachs.

They all stood there in the dark for a few moments in silence after chan decided. The smell of sewage was overwhelming but not as overwhelming as the terror that they had to overcome just by going back to the surface.

The surface where their future was now unknown. The surface where people, undead people could be roaming ready to feed their hunger and desire.

Even in the dark, chan could feel the worry. Though he shook it off. Telling himself that it would all be ok. He could do this. He could survive. He always had.

He took a deep breath, letting his hands feel along the slick walls til they found the metal ladder. Swallowing his own unease, he put on a brave face and began a slow climb.

The boys watched his shaky but sure figure move upward, feeling shudders as they imagined themselves in his place. Changbin and Jisung were quick to stand below him, preparing themselves for anything.

Once chan reached as far as he could go without banging his head, he reached trembling hand up to dislodge the lid in its place. When it came undone, he raised his hand reluctantly to push it up.

Light from the outside began to spill into the dark, lighting up the dark tunnel as the boys looked up in dreaded awe.

Chan didn't lift it up completely, he lifted it just enough for his eyes to peak out and get a proper look.

It was practically deserted, a long row of house that were almost destroyed with broken windows and bashed in doors. A couple cars were crashed, about two smashed into walls with metal pieces laid out across the streets.

Only a few vehicles seemed to be in good condition, a rather big van and two family cars. They had a few damages but not as many as the rest. One prominent feature was the amount of blood that was coating the pavement. Blood splatters on almost every bit of the surroundings. That mere fact had Chans stomach turning.

After another second of searching, for movement or any sight of life—to which he found none—he looked down briefly.

"It looks...safe enough. But it's abandoned and there's a shit Ton of blood." From the brief lighting he could see their partially relieved faces. "When we go up, Changbin you'll need to lead us there immediately. There's something not right about it being completely deserted."

"Ok, I'll be right behind you. Go up and watch your back." Chan nodded and slowly slid the lid to rest on the pavement. The light now fully shining down on the group as they looked up.

Chan gave one more cautious look before he was climbing out and standing on the cement. Out of the corner of his eyes he saw the other climb out but he didn't stop checking around them.

Next Changbin, then Jisung, then Minho, the Jeongin, then Felix, the Hyunjin,lastly Seungmin before the lid was closed with a clink.

They took a few moments to check around where they were. It was almost a frightening to see how the home, the society they once knew so well was diminished to this. Some had grown up in this area, some had been passers but the sight of such a familiar place seeming so far away was alarming.