𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒎 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖

𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒎 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖—-𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝒔𝒊𝒙

Playing let me down slowly by Alec Benjamin

It's quiet.

Too quiet.

A storm is brewing.

It's simmering beneath the clouds.

It'll be here before you know it.

The calm before storm perhaps?

But you know what?

Maybe it's not a real storm.

Maybe it's a person.

I mean we do give storms the names of humans after all.

Tasking me to lead the squad to the town wasn't a big deal

Tasking me to lead the squad to the town wasn't a big deal. I was used to leading groups as back then I was the basketball captain.

I told Changbin I hated sports. That was more than true. But I learnt later in life that I was a natural leader. I was surprised at how good I was at it the first few times, shocking myself in how easily I fell into the motion. But it was natural and it felt right.

Never did i think I would be confident enough to lead other people. But here I am, leading the other two the same route we took back to the town.

Felix was asking Jeongin questions about their prior visit to look around, as he hadn't fully had the chance to fully see around. It had only been a few days, I presume, from the last trip we took to the empty place.

With walkie talkies in hand,  Changbin and Seungmin and I presume the rest in the other side, we reached the edge of the forest.

"There weren't too many creepy walkers last time you were here right?" Felix's hand stayed attached to his side where his knife was safely tucked away. It was clear he was very much shaken from their last walk through this area, the image of that poor little girl never leaving our minds.

Jeongin shook his head, visibly chewing on his lip as he took a quick glance around. "No there weren't many. Which is a little odd for a full town?"

There was always a weird feeling that arose in his chest about this town. Not only was it too empty for a usually populated place but there was something strange about the place altogether.

And for some reason, not much like the other times were it was only anxiety and nerves, but for some odd reason, I felt like I could throw up from the devastating feeling that twisted knots into my stomach.

Like something terrible was coming. Like something bad was about to happen and I had no way of stopping it.

Maybe I should tell them to back. My gut was always right. Right?