Chapter 29

[Assalamualikum beautiful people, Happy  Ramdan! I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far. And there will be a backstory of Ayzel's father and his brother in this chapter. A kind reminder to offer your prayer in case you didn't offer your prayer yet💗]

(TW: ABUSE, VIOLENCE AND CURSING)

—AYZEL KHAN—

I opened my eyes and hissed due to the stinging pain in all over my body. I looked up and sighed as my neck ached from being in the same position for too long. My hair curtained my face as i tried to brush them back but then i realized.....
I was tied up.

'What's happening?!', i screamed in my head as i looked around with panicked eyes. My throat felt dry as sand and my mind was trying to process everything, i was tied up against a pillar, i assume. Thankfully, the someone let me sit and then tied me up but the ropes were burning my skin when i tried to move.

'Ya Allah.....where am i?', i thought as i looked around in the dark and dirty room. The only source of light was coming from the small window in the corner of the room. I sighed and leaned my head back against the pillar.
Suddenly, flashback from the moment when i got that creepy message ran across my mind.

"Ayzel! Get down!"

"Zaviyar we have to get out!"

"Zaviyar!"

His bloodied face flashed across my mind as tears welled up in my eyes, whenever is behind this mess will have to pay at all cost.

"Zavi, you're okay, right?", i whispered as i looked up at the dirty ceiling of the room. Soon, quiet sobs started to escape my mouth as i ducked my head low. Tears fell on my lap as i noticed something.

"My necklace!", i exclaimed quietly as i looked at my chest and saw no necklace laying against it. "No....no", i whispered as i looked around with tearful eyes, searching for my necklace. It was so dear to me. Zaviyar gifted me that necklace.

[FLASHBACK]

"Meri jaan~", He sang playfully after he entered the kitchen fo the apartment as i chuckled while cutting the cucumbers for the salad.

"Jee?", he placed his chin on top of my head as my eyebrows furrowed.

"You're too short. Like tinkerbell", i tilted my head to the side to look him and saw him laughing while his fist above his lips.

"How dare you-", i exclaimed as i threw the peel of cucumbers on him. He laughed and pinched my cheeks, making me groan in annoyance.

"Mazak kr rha tha, janeman", he said and pressed his lips against my forehead as i rolled my eyes with a shy smile before turning my attention back at the salad i was making for dinner.

(I was joking)

I heard shuffling behind me as i felt him moved my hair to one shoulder. Suddenly, i saw a beautiful necklace dangling infront of my face before he clasped it from behind. It had a small heart with wings on both sides. It was so pretty.

"Kaisa hai?", he asked and wrapped his arms around my waist. I chuckled and cradled the pendant in my fingers to take a close look at it. My eyes widened as i gasped at our initials embedded on it.