Chapter 3

"Well don't you look danshing."

I turn to the sarcastic remark, unfortunately when in the capital, our parade outfits even in the stands is chosen for us. Jo stands hands on hip, her long hair in a braid going down her back. Her dress short and looked like it was made of the autom leaves. Mine was a dark maroon with gold stitching. The sleeves were off the shoulder and see through. My hair was down in thick curls with two strans in the front braided and pulled back. I wore gold heels while Jo was in plain red flats.

"You look good too Jo."

She rolled her eyes.

"No I look like an idiot."

"She isn't wrong."

She pointed at Paul.

"See even your giant agrees."

I chuckle at his nickname. I turn to Paul to see him in a simple suit with leaves embroidered randomly on the suit. His tie was a plain green giving him the same woodsy effect.

"You two look like fine wood elves. You will fit right in."

Before I could get my head ripped off by Jo. I turned pecked Paul's cheek and went to the elevator doors and quickly walked through them. I could hear Paul laugh while Jo started to fume. The doors opened to the tribute center with cheriots lining the room. The tributes stayed by their designated area. I spotted my tributes from 2 and decided I should make them aware that I was here. The two were wearing the normal gladiator look, while Ebinora was wearing a white dress much styled like the Greeks would have and simple strap sandals. Brutus wore a gold and black suit that is common for district 2 victors and tributes.

"Well don't you two look ready?"

"If you mean ridiculous, sure."

I smile at the young girl whose sarcastic grin went away once she realised it was me. Now she simply gave me a scowl.

"What are you doing here?"

I turned to my brother who didn't sound a bit happy.

"I am required to be here no matter your request is. I do have a job here you know."

He scuffed.

"I told you to stay home."

"And President Snow over rode that request when he came to me after my games giving me a job outside of mentoring."

He glared at me.

"You are lucky you are not going to be in that arena this year."

My smile dropped and I took a step toward the two kids. They may be tributes but I am a victor and sometimes reminders must be given. I know my eyes were cold as I stared down the two youngsters.

"You are lucky, you know why?"

They stayed silent so I put a hand on their shoulders' forcing Cato to my level and Clove closer.

"Because I would kill you two like it was nothing. You think you know how to kill. You think you know everything there is about the games. You are wrong. Don't forget who you are talking to. And you..."

I let go of Clove and pulled Cato closer.

"...You know better. Don't forget I am your sister. You think you cann kill me, then you are more of an idiot then I already thought. Who do you think gets you sponsors? Who do you think supplies you shit when things gets tough? Your mentors, the past Victors are the ones that do the talking when you are in there. Remember that the next time you decide to threaten me."

I let go of Cato making him stumble away. I turned to my past mentor with a fake smile.

"I will see you two in the stands."