Chapter 20

The viewing room was dark like normal. It seemed the same tributes were up meaning the gamemakers would be getting antsy soon. Brutus went to take his seat by Ebinora who gave him a weird look on arrival. Ignoring the many eyes I had on me I took a seat next to Mitch. He had his eyes glued to the screen.

"How are they doing?"

The man jumped lightly at my voice and turned looked at me before turning back to the screen.

"Katnis is doing well, finding high ground but she is getting close to the edge meaning the game makers will turn her around. They can't have another tribute repeating what I did. Peeta is still tailing with the careers, hasn't made a move to kill anyone. He will avoid even inflicting any harm to anyone. I am actually worried your brother is going to snap at him soon. He seems to be getting pretty agitated with his lack of kills today."

I nod look up where my brother screen is at. They have a close up of him leaning down in the dirt looking at some prints.

"Sound like typical Cato."

Mitch chuckled lightly.

"You two are so different, don't get me wrong, you were a lot like him in your games, but you at least gave mercy to your victims, you didn't hunt for them, and you most definitely didn't taunt them like he is doing."

I let out a disappointed sigh.

"I told you, I lost my brother when I came home from my games, he became obsessed with the games. He became a tribute, not Cato. Cato was always soft hearted, loving. Wanted nothing but the best for everyone. He was the one that would stay after class to working with the tots, that is what we call our youngest class. I would go to practicing in the combat area. He was the nice one. I don't know what happened. What someone told him."

I could feel Mitch's eyes on the side of my head.

"You can ask, I don't mind."

"How are you doing? How is...are...is...how is your relationship with Paul?"

I look back to 7's empty chairs before look at Mitch.

"I am fine, a little hurt, but I am fine. Our relationship is alive but, we are in a rough patch, he tried to come over earlier but I told him I needed time."

Mitch nodded. I finally turned to look at him.

"You know he has no idea what he did, just the videos and media to remind him. He was too drunk to realize what was happening. The bartender was trying to cut him off before he got into a fight with Finn. He would have still had a glass in his hand if the bartender didn't switch him out for a beer, so he could weed him away..."

"I know, Brutus told me of his drinking problem, I just didn't realize how bad it was."

"I is ok kiddo, Only the older gents and maybe Finn would have known. I should have known better when he ordered his first glass."

I shook my head.

"Why don't we focus on what is going on for them. huh ?"

Mitch forced a smile and turned to look at Katniss who was now sleeping for the night. One thing about the games, the first day, same hours as ours, second day they split. They start a bit earlier, set the sun at 3:00 for us. I turn my attention from the sleeping girl to my brother. I see a glips of strawberry blonde hair. I shake my head.

"Oh no."

If I saw it, I know my brother saw it. Cato bumped Clove's side and pointed to the back of the girls head. She was awake, very alert and aware that something moved in the dark, but the careers were back far enough that she couldn't see them yet. Glimmer took Cato's sword