Chapter 23

The sun began to rise on the screen. I elbowed the Mitch's side to wake the sleeping man. He let out a roar of startle and glared down at me from where he was standing.

"You let me fall asleep?!"

I kept on my eyes on the screen. Paul had his head rested on my shoulder as he two was dead asleep.

"Like I said nothing was going to happen when all the tributes are asleep and your girl and Rue are the only two awake right now."

Rue was currently standing on a branch closer to Katniss giving the girl on fire a clear view of her. She grabbed the girls attention by launching a rock at her. The girl watched the young girl as she pointed out something abover her. The arena camera followed Katniss's line of sight to a very large nest. I scrunched my eyes up to get a better look at it.

"Oh shit."

Mitch looked at me as the words came out of my mouth startled.

"Oh shit? Why Oh shit."

I gulped and moved to point at a very large next of hornet like insects.

"Those are TrackerJackers, they are muts made maybe 3 years ago. They appeared in Jo's games. Those suckers sting and have venom strong enough to cause halusination. If a swarm get ahold of you. You are good as dead..."

I looked at the drunk man.

"...and your tribute is only a few feet below their home."

The drunk gulped. His leg was bouncing again.

"Oh shit."

I nodded at his words. I watched as Rue pointed at the nest and back to the floor where the careers were all sound asleep. Katniss gave the little girl a confused look, so she motioned for the Girl on Fire to saw the branch away and let it drop on the group below. I felt my eyes widen at the thought of Katniss getting closer to the nest and the fact she was planing on dropping the nest where my brother was currently sound asleep. THere was no look out. There was no one there to warn the group. I shook Paul awake. He looked at me with sleepy eyes not happy to be woken up. He saw my wide eyes and he furrowed his brows.

"Get 2, shit is about to go down."

I pointed to Katniss screen where she was currenlt climbing the branches until she was next to the very large nest of angry insects. She pulled out a knife with a saw blade edge and started her missing on sawing the branch the nest resided on. Paul look at the screen.

"Oh shit."

He mumbled my thoughts exactly before running out of the room to the elvators. Jamming the button over and over again, trying to get it to his level quicker. Mitch was watching his tribute as she sawed at the branch. She wasn't moving fast enough as the first group started to move to attack her. They pack a mean punch and you could see the girl pause to regain her pausture but continued sawing away. She looked down at the still sleeping group as she was stung again. She let out a gasp but kept quiet and kept working at the large branch. ANother insect angrily flew towards her sting her again. SHe started to saw faster making her way through the large branch. Then in slow motion the ding rang through the room as the branch was taken by gravity right in the middle of the sleeping group. Screams rang out as the insects started to attack thinking the group of teens had to do with their nest's distruction. I watched as a shadow of bugs swarmed my brother and the blond girl from one. In matter of seconds the careers were gone and the blonde was swarmed and stung over and over and over again until she was covered in welts that made the once pretty girl unrecognizable. I hear Gloss curse under his breath, but my eyes was glued to the screen where my brother was obviously dealing with a hulusination. He kepts shacking his head trying to clear his hazed brain. He had his sword out ready to hunt the tribute after the TrackerJackers cleared. I look over at Katniss's screen just as she falls obviously out of it from the stings she received. I saw as the girl removed the silver bow from the dead girl's body. She got the arrows off her back and started counting them. Then Peeta was rushing out from where the group ran off from.