Chapter 31

White was all I saw when I blinked my eyes open. I moved my right hand to rub my eyes only to find white cuffs attached to th railing of the bed I was laying down in. I heard the familiar beeping machines of the hospital making me let out a groan. I just got out of here and I was back in. I tried thinking back to what happened. My brother's mauled body came to my vision making tears rush to my vision.

"No, no, no, no..."

I heard the heart monitor pick up as I started to fight against the restraints holding me down.

"Cato!"
His name ripped through me as the doors swung open. Nurses came in trying to hold down my kicking legs, luckily for them my arms were restraint but it took multiple nurses to keep my legs from kicking them away. A few ended with bloodied faces due to not being quick enough.

"Miss Hadley, you need to calm down."

The soothing voice next to me made more tears stream down my face. A hiccup escaped my mouth. I heard a sigh.

"We need to knock her out again, her heart rate is too high."

I turned to the women wide eyes as I started to fight harder.

"No, no, no...Please no!"

I felt a needle being jammed in my shoulder and the familiar drowsy feeling take over my body.

"No, I don't want to sleep...Please don't make me..."

My voice drifted off as my eyes closed again.

The room I stood in was black. It was hard to see but there was enough light to make a gray hue surround me. Blood was on the floor. Up my arms. A bloodied weapon in my hand but I couldn't make a connection to what weapon. On the floor was my victums. The girl from 3, the twins from 7, Thia, Egger, the boy from 4, the girl from 8, countless med and women in peace keeper uniforms but the two closest to me made my heart drop. Borris was coughing on his blood as the sword from my games was sticking through him. But the corpse like body next to him made me drop to my knees. Cato's bone in his arm was visible with bite marks from mutts littered his body. His face was mauled and ripped appart and basically unrecognizable.

"Why...didn't...."

I knew what he was going to finish with but I was shaking my head as blood gurgled into his mouth. Tears fell down my face.

"You are a monster, short stack."

I looked at Borris who was watching me. I was shaking my head faster. I brought my hands to my ears pressing as hard as I could but the wails and accusations echoed around me.

"Monster"

"Murder"

"You did this to us."

"You should be the one dead."

I let out a scream trying to drown out the noise around me. Instead arms took my arms and pinned them making me hear everything. I opened my eyes I didn't realize I closed looking up at my friends who had me pinned. Finn, Jo, Paul, My mentors.

"Listen, you did this. You deserve this."

"No, no, no, don't say that!"

Paul gave me an evil grin I have never seen on his face.

"But you do. You kill everyone you care about, you know we are next."

Tears streamed as their appearances changed. Paul mauled by muts, Jo with an axe in her throught. Finn with bite marks and scratches covering his body. Enobaria with her throat ripped out. Brutus's neck bent at a awkward angle, Mitch with a blade sticking from his head.