Chapter 19

"Get out. She doesn't want to see you."

"I don't even remember what happened last night Ebinora. I need to talk to her?"

I heard a glass being set down.

"You need to leave Paul, Brutus will be here soon to switch watch with me and he will throw you out. You caused yourself, Finn and her to be plastered all over the news. What were you thinking?"

I heard Paul let out a frustrated groan.

"I just told you, I don't remember anything. I didn't break up with her in my mind, yes I am mad with her but I don't...I love her Ebinora. I never wanted to hurt her."

Paul's voice cracked. I almost felt bad eavesdropping.

"But you did. You even insulted her capability to fight, really? The girl that can take down people like it is nothing? The girl that used a shovel in her games, can't fight? That girl, according to my lovely note, she barely said anything, was shaking and had tears falling like a waterfall."

"Leave!"

Brutus's heavy footsteps could be heard then a body being slammed against the wall.

"I need to talk to her."

"Not right now you don't, Ebinora can show you the way out. Maybe you can go watch some of the games with Jo, help out her brother for the stunt you pulled last night."

"Not until I talk to her."

I pused my lips before groggily sitting up. I looked at Paul who was staring eye to eye with Brutus.

"Please leave."

Every head in the room snapped to look at me. My voice was quiet.

"Kit, please."

I shook my head.

"I love you Paul, we will talk, but I need some time."

Tears welled in his blue eyes. The same eyes that held no emotion from last night.

"Are we still..."

I nod my head.

"I said I love you didn't I? I just some time, we obviously have some things to discuss, but I need time to process what to share and how to share."

He took a shaky breath and walked with Ebinora into the elevator. When the doors shut, Brutus was still staring at me.

"You shouldn't give that boy the light of day after last night."

I pinch the bridge of my nose as the pounding headache started to form.

"You are probably right but I am refraining from looking at the news he was talking about."

Brutus moved to sit by me. He wrapped an arm around my shoulders like a father and pulled me to his side so I could rest my pounding head on his shoulder.

"How bad is it?"

He sighed.

"It isn't pretty, many are assuming you two are no longer a thing, victors know different though. We know you two were drinking and the fight was probably spurred over something completely off topic. They say, Paul ended things, you ran out, tears streaming, new rumors sprang of you and Finn and you and Senica Crane. A few other theories, all very entertaining."

I scrunched up my nose in distaste.

"Those two, really? They couldn't come up with any others?"

Brutus chuckled lightly.