Chapter 8

"Based on the shit eating grin on your face, I take it your meeting with your brother went well."

I laugh shaking my head and plopped down next to Jo.

"Still waiting I see, any sponsors?"

Jo rolled her eyes.

"With our kids, no."

I look around confused.

"Did the boys ditch you?"

Jo snorted.

"Yeah, Paul was practically dragged away by a fan girl Citizen. Mitch was attracted to the group of wine tasting sponsors and Finn left when his kids both tested, going to see how they think they did."

I look up at the large screen seing the boy from 6 was in progress.

"Wow, I really cut it close. Good news is our girl should be started soon."

Jo pursed her lips.

"Yeah a little worried about that one. The boy no longer wants our help..."

I nodded.

"Yeah just found out from Cato that he joined the careers. I hope my brother doesn't kill him too brudaly."

I shook my head.

"I say stay away from the careers and everyone gravitates towards them."

Jo shrugged.

"I mean, to be aligned with someone that trained their whole life to help you survive. That is a pretty tempting offer if you ask me."

The boy from 6's picture when dark meaning our girl would be starting.

"Looks like you wont be down here for much longer."

"Oh thank God."

"Yes? Why are you thanking me."

I look up at Mitch who had a glass of wine in hand a smugg look on his face.

"Sorry Mitch, we are thanking the only real God there is, and that is not you. Enjoy your sweet talking?"

He swushed the red liquid in his glass before taking a sip.

"When they supply refreshments, oh yes. I had a blast."

I laugh and look up at the screen as Paul came over and plopped next to me, strong perfume reeking all over him. I scrunched up my nose and looked at him.

"You smell like smelly chemicals."

Paul rolled his eyes.

"And I have terrible makeup smeared on the side of my face, but I got a few sponsors."

I let out a jealous growl.

"If some capital snob decides to use you like Finn, I will kill who ever is in my path."

Paul snorted.

"Only if I can help, sweatie."

I snort and lean my head on his biscept.

"Have I mentioned how much I love you?"

He made a hmmm sound.

"Not recently, but I know you do, because I love you too."

Jo glared at us.

"Uhg, you two make me sick."

"So does Annie and Finn and about anyone else in a relationship."

I laugh at the drunk as Jo glarred at the older man who was almost done with his alcoholic drink.

"You two should probably head up and see how your kids did, they are starting 8 now."