Chapter 26

I woke to the familiar beeping I always seems to find when it comes to get injured in the capital, but I knew what just happened would be covered by some crazed story and I would never be able to speak word of the torment I just went through. I blink my eyes a few times and look over to find Paul in the bed next to him. He had an IV in his arm. Bruises littered his skin making me raise a shacking hand to my mouth as reality hit of what just happened. My arm was heavily wrapped and an IV was also in my arm. I looked up at the familiar cloudy liquid. I started ripping IV's and connectors off of me making a series of alarms go off. A panic took over my form. A group of nurses in white scrubs came in.

"Ms. Hadly, you need to calm down. You and Mr. Write were in a pretty brutal attack"

I did the opposite of calm down. I removed the covers seeing the dressing gown I was in. My thigh was wrapped in gozz so was my calf. I had multipl bandaids over scratches. A women made the mistake of trying to put a hand on my shoulder to push me back down. I grabbed her arm turning her into a chicken wing lock. I looked at the other women in the room who had wide eyes. I knew my eyes were cold, and crazed.

"Get me in contact with President Snow."

The women staired at me opening and closing her mouth. I pushed her college to her.

"Now."

They scrambled out of the room while I straightened the stupid hospital gown. I looked over at my Fianca's beaten form. I attempted to stand from bed but my leg was injured enough making puting weight on it nearly impossible without shooting pain run through my body. Therefore I hobbled over, sitting on the side of his bead. I reached, adjusting the oxygen tube around his ears and nose. I sighed and ran fingers through his hair. He didn't stir. His heart monitor beeped steadily while mine made a flat line noise. A new nurse walked through the door, paper and pen in my hand.

"The president said to write him. Saying that he is unable to come due to Marie. He said you would understand."

I nodded to the table at the front of the room.

"Thank you..."

I paused pursing my lips.

"Sorry about earlier."

The women smiled.

"It was expected we are just happy you didn't kill anyone."

I smile back at her turning my attention back to the boy who was still asleep, running my fingers through his hair.

"By any chance is there any update on the games."

The women smiled sadly.

"You were out a few days. Drugs were evident in both of your systems. Making us think someone was sick enough to drug you and send you to fight dogs, literally. We can't say for sure."

I hold my hand up stopping her from saying more.

"I know what happened to me, what happened to the tributes."

The women nervously clasped her hands.

"The boy from 3 was killed by your brother. Then the girl from 11 was killed from the boy from 1. Then 12 shot 1 with a bow. The girl lost it after Rue's death. Made her a flower arrangment and everything. It was beautiful."

I saw tears leak from the girls face. It wasn't until a tear dropped on my hand that I realized I was crying. I cleared my throat.

"Anything else?"

The women pursed her lips making me think I wasn't going to like the next thing she was going to say.

"The game maker changed the rules, allowing two victors to win if they were from the same district."