The End

When you regained consciousness this time there was no doubt that you were alive. The heartbeat monitor beeping loudly could only have meant that you were in a hospital. Your whole body ached, though it was much less intense than the pain you'd felt the past few weeks.

Your sensitive skin still stung from the deep sunburns you'd suffered, but you could feel cold compresses working to ease that pain. You could smell the strong, clean scent of aloe and it reminded you of the dozens of sunburns you'd suffered when you were a child. Your mom would always drag you inside by your ear after hours of playing outside with sunscreen. Hours later when you were crying and complaining about how your skin hurt, your mom would slather you in aloe and give you a long lecture about the dangers of sun exposure and skin cancer. You'd sit and listen quietly, enjoying her caring touch on your shoulders as she lathered aloe on all the sorest spots.

Aside from the aches and pains your healing body was suffering, you felt relatively good. Your belly was full, your throat was no longer as dry and parched as it was, and the aching pain in your bones was gone. You were still exhausted and you could tell you didn't have much more strength or range of movement in your limbs than you did on that beach. Still, you were alive and finally safe.

After nearly dying for a second time on a beach, you were beyond grateful for even being alive no matter how weak or in pain you were.

You expended what little energy you had to crack your eyes open. The lights were dimmed, but you could tell it was morning based on the light leaking in through the blinds on the window. Your hospital bed covered in layers of blankets and cold compresses that were working in tandem to cool your skin but prevent you from getting too cold. Dozens of vases of flowers sat on the window sill next to your bed and unopened cards laid in piles nearby along with a few 'get well soon' stuffed animals. The sight brought a small smile to your face.

On the other side of the room sat your mom, clutching your hand tightly while she dozed off in your chair. Brienne lay on the small couch across the room, scrolling her phone. The sight of the two of them brought fat tears to your eyes and pure joy constricted your throat.

"Mama..." You croaked weakly, squeezing her hand. She and Brienne both jolted upright at the sound of your voice.

"(Y/N)!" Your mom gasped, pulling you forward in a gentle hug. The cold compresses slid off of your shoulders and arms as she jostled you, but you couldn't have cared less.

"Mama," You cried again, more tears dripping down your cheeks. You had been so worried you'd never see the two of them again, now being in your moms arms felt like the most precious gift ever.

"Oh, (Y/N). We were so worried." She sobbed into your hair. Brienne quickly slid onto the opposite side of the bed and joined the group hug.

"How are you feeling?" She asked, leaving a million other burning questions unsaid for the time being.

"Sore," You admitted, "Crispy."

"You had sun poisoning, honey." Your mom explained through her tears. "You were on the verge of starvation and dehydration. If that hero had gotten there a few hours later you would've-"

"I'm sorry, mom. I'm so sorry." You blubbered into her shirt.

"Why are you apologizing?" Brienne was flabbergasted. She soothingly pet you and your mom as she fought off tears of her own.

"I promise I wasn't running away," You sobbed, though your throat throbbed, "I promise."
"I know, baby. I know," Your mom pulled you closer as gently as she could. "All Might told us everything."

"All Might?" Your throat felt tight and you wept with relief. He was alive. The only way that could be possible is if All for One was dead. Your plan must've worked.