Chapter 5: Busy Day

You woke the next morning wrapped in the warmth of the fuzzy blanket, hearing unfamiliar voices drift in from the hallway. It took you a minute to remember where you were: Might Towers. You looked at your phone for the time: 10 am. You breathed a sigh of relief, you were worried you'd accidentally sleep until late in the afternoon. Reluctantly, you unwrapped yourself from your fuzzy blanket burrito and sat up, trying to get up the energy to stand. You still felt tired from your adjustment to living on land, but the drowsiness was receding. With a final sigh of resignation, you rubbed the sleep from your eyes and trudged into the bathroom, brushing your teeth and making yourself look presentable in case you had to meet the voices in the hallway. You threw on a cute outfit you'd bought the day before and threw your phone in your pocket. Taking a deep breath, you quietly opened the door and crept into the hall, listening to the voices. The apartment felt chilly, like the thermostat was set much too low. He probably needs to keep it cold since he's so dang massive. Guess I'll just freeze to death. They seemed to be coming from the office down the hall. You couldn't exactly determine what they were saying from so far away, but you knew there was Toshi, and three other men.

Their voices were serious, hushed and frantic. You tiptoed down the hall, trying to decipher what they were talking about.

"We don't have any more time to waste. If this girls quirk is like you said, this is our best opportunity." The voice sounded like it belonged to a young man, someone probably just starting their career.

"If we're gonna do this we have to make sure that we're 100% certain she can do it." This voice was much older, more crotchety. "This is too important to risk on some amateur. We're running out of time."

"I know her quirk is what we need. It's the best chance we've got." Toshi was speaking now. "I won't let what happened with... with Nana happen again." He sounded distressed.

"Well, where the hell is she? Just gonna sleep the day away? Be careful Toshinori, someone like her may try to take advantage of you."

"Thank you for your concern, Gran Torino. Everything is fine. I'm sure she's just tired after all the changes. She had a bit of trauma yesterday anyways."

"Trauma?" The young voice asked, "What happened?"

"A man in an alley who worked for All for One tried to attack her."

"So he knows. The element of surprise is lost." You heard the younger man sigh.

"Well we don't have time to sit around. Go-" The old man began.

"Good morning," you stepped timidly into Toshinori's office. Just as you suspected, the youthful voice belonged to a tall man with dark brown hair. He wore a button up shirt and tie, looking like he was going to a business meeting. He looked very serious, but his face had kind features. The other young guy, who was standing closest to All Might looked terribly cold and unfriendly. He was tall and lanky, with green and blonde hair, and yellow glass perched on the edge of his nose. He looked frustrated. The other man was much older and worn. The way his back hunched made him look like he was once very tall, but was now in the process of shrinking due to age. He wore a white and yellow hero suit, a mask covering most of his features. Toshi sat at his desk in his normal casual garb. His head was propped up by one hand, obviously frustrated by the conversation he was having, but he became much more chipper once you walked into the room.

"Ah! Good morning! I hope you slept well." His smile was slightly strained.

"Yeah, I slept fine," you fidgeted shyly, trying to ignore the three unfamiliar sets of eyes that were scanning you from top to bottom.

"That's good! Allow me to introduce you to the men we'll be working with for the next few months. This is my teacher, Gran Torino." He directed you to the older man. You shook his hand gently.