Chapter 12: Routine

The next morning you woke in your bed, still in last nights clothes and unsure of just how you got there. You vaguely remembered falling asleep last night, but you didn't remember coming to bed. You must've gotten up and somehow gotten there yourself, or Toshi... You blushed at the second thought.

As you crawled out from the covers, you could instantly tell that mornings atmosphere was different. You'd woken up unusually early, and the air felt hot, almost stuffy. That was unusual in this apartment, considering it's owner always kept things freezing.

You meandered out to the hallway, seeing if it was any cooler in there. Surprisingly, it was almost hotter. You checked the air conditioner, but it was at the same setting it was yesterday. That could only mean one thing: summer was approaching faster than you'd anticipated. As much as you enjoyed the summer, the sweltering heat wasn't very appealing.

To alleviate some of the heat coming from the early morning light streaming through the windows, you unlocked some of the large windows and opened them as best you could. You were immediately blasted with a gust of cool, fresh air that made you feel much better. Being so high up in the sky had its perks. When you and your mother were living together, the heat was almost inescapable on your ground floor apartment. That, combined with the warmth emitted from the apartments surrounding you, forced you to get creative in your methods of air conditioning. This included constant buckets of ice, cold baths, and a million fans stationed around the windows. The heat was unbearable, but you'd survived. It made you wonder for a moment if she was in the process of setting up the apartment in preparation for the summer. You felt a small pang of sadness in your heart.

As you opened the windows in your bedroom and throughout the rest of the hallway, you peeked towards Toshinor's door, wondering if he was feeling the sweltering heat. His door was closed, so he must've still been asleep. Your training would start in a little while, so hopefully he wouldn't oversleep. Did Toshi oversleep? Did heroes ever sleep in?

After you'd successfully aired out the penthouse, you made your way to the kitchen in search of something to eat. It looks like Toshi had eaten yet ANOTHER piece of cake, so there were only two left. You could've eaten one of those for breakfast, but you decided you were going to let him have them instead, he seemed to be enjoying them. You scoured the cabinets for something else to make, you sweet tooth nagging at you. You still had some ingredients leftover from yesterday's creation, so you combed your brain for a good recipe. As soon as you saw a can of sweetened red beans, you knew exactly what you were going to make.You got to work without hesitation, whipping together a sweet batter as well as some red bean paste. A quick trip to the restaurant downstairs to get some missing pans and you were ready to cook your creation.

Toshinori woke groggily to a sweet smell coming through the air into his stuffy bedroom. Why was it so unbearably hot? He climbed out of bed and pulled on a shirt and some pants, quickly washing the sleep from his eyes in his own bathroom and making his way to the much cooler kitchen. He'd had a hard time sleeping last night, and may have overindulged in some cake as a result. His sleep was fitful, filled with worrying dreams, which in turn forced him to think over a lot of worrying thoughts he'd been holding since he'd met you. Were you really going to be able to help him defeat All for One? Your quirk was strong, but you were so inexperienced. He was never able to come up with a satisfying answer for himself, but he was going to do his best to prepare you to face All for One alongside him.

He padded his into the kitchen, a long tendril of his hair dropping down towards his cheek. You smiled at him as he walked in the kitchen, greeting him with a bright and cheery "good morning!"

"Morning. Hot enough for you?" He chuckled, wiping a bead of sweat from his forehead.

"Could be toastier," you joked, your hair being tousled by a particularly rough breeze coming in from the window.