Chapter 20: The Hangover

You could hear the ringing of your alarm quietly bounce around the walls of your apartment. It was incessant, annoying, but you were in no state to get up and turn it off. Instead, you dozed off and on for the next few hours of the morning, waking up every once in a while to hear that same ringtone over and over again until your phone died and you were finally able to sleep in peace.

The first thing you felt was indescribable pain when you fully woke up. Had someone crushed your head under a boulder? Were you having an aneurysm? Had someone shot you in the head? You cracked opened your eyes just the tiniest bit and cursed at the searing pain the light sent through your skull. You tried to remember where you were and how you'd gotten there, but you only saw fragments. You knew you'd gone to the club, but everything after your third shot was blurry. Something about a guy, throwing up outside, and Toshi? Must've been a wild night...

You opened your eyes the tiniest bit more and looked around. You were safe at home... sitting on the couch, it looked like. Your pajamas were on backwards, but other than that you were completely unscathed. At least you hadn't hurt yourself with all your shenanigans. You made a mental note not to go so hard with Saffron ever again. It obviously wasn't worth it.

As you got your bearings you felt something shift underneath you, followed by an abrupt snore. You turned to see Toshinori sitting beneath you, still sound asleep. A few weeks ago it would've embarrassed you to be in this position, but at this point you were used to it. You snuggled back down into him and sighed contentedly, hoping to savor a few more moments before he woke up.

You looked over to the clock on the cable box. Usually your training would've started an hour ago, but you both must've overslept. Toshi would probably be disappointed that you were in the process of missing a day of valuable practice.

"Toshi? Wake up, Tosh." You croaked, your throat dry and hoarse. You patted his chest a bit and shook his shoulders to try and wake him up. He snored a little bit more, but eventually his eyes opened just the smallest bit. He blinked a few more times and then smiled at you.

"Mornin', party girl" He smirked, stretching out his legs as he began to wake up. You blushed deeply. Had you done anything too embarrassing last night? You prayed to god you hadn't.

"Morning, Toshi. Did you sleep okay?"

"About as well as you can sleep with a drunk woman hanging all over you"

Your face felt heated, "Sorry... I didn't mean to go so hard last night. I was probably such a bother..."

You both cringed a little at the memories of just how messed up you were. Small images of you drunkenly dancing flashed into your mind, as well as small glimpses of a man with his mouth all over you. You shuddered. No more drinking, at least for a while.

"Yeah..." Toshinori sighed deeply and put a serious voice on. He turned your face and made you look him in the eyes. "Listen, (Y/N)... I'm sorry I was so worried last night. I know I shouldn't have pouted, it was so immature of me. I promise going forward I'll let you be the adult you are without trying to mother you. However... You know drinking that much isn't okay, right? What were you thinking? Saffron said you were one sip away from alcohol poisoning."

You felt immense guilt overwhelm you. What had you been thinking? Your whole 'Just one more drink' mentality totally messed you over. You were filled with a deep sense of regret.

"I know... I know... I just... felt good, you know? I didn't mean to go overboard. It just made me feel good. I forgot all my worries and just had a good time. I didn't have to think about training, or All for One, or my mom... I just had fun with Saffron. And I know I shouldn't have let a random stranger kiss me... I just... He made me feel desirable... No one's ever given me attention like that... I- I don't know. It was stupid. " Tears started to trickle down your cheeks. The utter humiliation at having him scold you, paired with the raging migraine you were experiencing, overwhelmed you.