Chapter 4: Shopping

While you were still rusty on the whole 'social skills' aspect of life (considering you were living in a cave for eight years), it was so easy to be around Toshinori. It wasn't like you'd only known him for hours, it felt like you'd been friends for years. When you got your stuff back from the beach, you showered as he sent your salt-stained clothes to be cleaned.

    He took you to a small restaurant, renting a private room where no civilians or paparazzi would be able to snoop. It was more lavish than any restaurant you'd ever been to, even though he insisted that it was hardly fancy at all.

"I don't even know what to get here" you scanned the menu, never having heard of anything before.

"Well... how about start with something simple. What didn't you get a lot of that you wanted while in the cave?"

You pondered a moment, there were so many things you craved down there. "I missed soda a lot..." you said, remembering how amazing it was on the rare occasion someone left an unopened can of pop on the beach. You didn't get much in the way of sugar in the ocean.

"Perfect! Although it isn't very good for you..." he fretted. The two of you ordered drinks, and he set to helping you decide what to eat.

"Is there anything you don't like to eat?" He asked, scanning over the menu as he made his decision. The staff were highly attentive to the both of you, fawning over All Might and curious as to who you were.

"I'm absolutely sick of seafood," you chuckled bitterly. "And if I eat anymore seaweed I'll puke."

"Understandable," He smiled again, "What about pasta?"

"I  haven't had pasta in forever!" you gasped, remembering it existed. You looked through the pastas, selecting one that sounded delicious.

Toshinori ordered it for you as you continued to make idle small talk. He asked you simple questions about your life: what your favorite things were, what you liked to do for fun, and what kind of movies you liked. He told you about himself, his time in America, why he wanted to be a hero, and lots about his heroic stories. He never got into anything too personal about himself, just scratching the bare surface. You could have listened to him talk forever, the way his voice warmed up a room was intoxicating. The way he talked to you made you feel like you were the most important person in the world.

"That was the most amazing meal I've had in forever," you said as you left the restaurant together.

"I'm glad you enjoyed," He chuckled heartily, holding the door open for you. "There is one more thing I'd like to do before we call it a night."

"What is that?" you asked curiously.

"I know I got you some clothes today, but I figured you might want to pick some for yourself. I was going to give you a little money to get some of your own, considering you'll be on land for a while.

"You don't have to do that!" You protested, "These clothes are fine!"

"I really insist, it's the least I can do. Don't feel guilty, you're doing more than I can ever repay you for by helping me."

"I- if you're sure. I don't want you to spend all of your money on me."

"Don't you worry, I've got more than I need. Hero work is lucrative business, but I'm not in it for the money. He quickly pulled out his wallet and handed you a few hundred dollar bills. You gasped at the amount, but he started rushing off before you could reject them.

"I'm going to run an errand. Call me when you're done!" He said, leaving you alone. How the hell am I supposed to call him? He's just going to leave me here!?Suddenly, realization hit him, he trotted back and handed you a slim, pink cellphone. "Call me when you're done".