Chapter 16: Lunch

Lunch was indescribably good. You hadn't realized how hungry you were until all six of you sat down at a booth at Lenny's, which was conveniently located a block away from Might Towers. It was a popular chain across the world, a great spot to go and get a quick, cheap bite. You used to go there a lot to with your friends after school.

All of you sat snugly in the booth, with Toshinori taking up the majority of your side. You and Toshi had ordered burgers, Tsukauchi had ordered pancakes, and Saffron got a salad, of course.

You couldn't resist the urge to dig in as soon as your plate hit the table. You did you best to politely talk in between fistfuls of French fries, while everyone munched on their food as well.

"So, what do you wanna wear to the event?" Saffron asked you directly, ignoring the boring things the guys were discussing.

"Uh- I don't know. Something simple? I could pick up something at Forever 25..."

"What? Are you kidding me?! You can't wear clothes from a store! Everyone there will be in dresses made by the hottest designers!"

Your stomach lurched. "Sounds expensive..."

"Don't worry about price! All Might has more money than he knows what to do with, right?" She laughed and leaned across the table to punch his arm.

"What about my money?" He asked, his focus shifting from his conversation to yours.

"(Y/N), is worried about a dress to wear to the event," Saffron explained, picking at the few remaining tomatoes on her plate.

"What about it? I'm sure you'll pick something nice."

"No, I'm not worried about picking one out. Saffron just says I can't just go to the store and buy one!" You said, your voice dripping with exasperation.

"Well... she's right." Toshi began hesitantly, "Generally people go to designers and get ones custom made. Even the men have custom made suits."

You sighed and buried your face in your hands, "But that's so expensive!" You groaned.

"Don't worry about price. I wouldn't expect you to pay for something so expensive when I'm the one asking you to go."

"I don't know if I feel comf-"

"So it's settled then. I'll make you an appointment for a fitting with a designer and then we'll get you into a dress!"

Your sighed in despair, looking to the other three men across the table as if they could offer you any sort of assistance. Night Eye just shrugged, while the other two pretended they weren't paying attention.

You sighed deeply and rubbed your eyes. There was no point in arguing with either of them at this point. "Alright, whatever! You spend your money how you want!"

He chuckled and patted you on the back. Their conversation flowed into something else you weren't quite listening to, you were too stressed out about the whole dress situation and what had happened earlier that day. On the bright side, at least you had a full stomach. That always put you in a better mood.

"Oh, and we need to find (y/n) a ukulele for karaoke night. She said she likes to sing with one" Toshi said, snapping you out of your daydreaming.

"A ukulele? You play?" Saffron asked.

"Oh... uh... yeah. Just a few easy songs though. I had a friend who taught me. She was much better than I was."

"You could probably find one at the thrift shop a few doors down. They have all sorts of things." Tsukauchi added.