Chapter 25: So Close

When you finally left Saffrons apartment you felt like you were a different person. The fancy clothes, stupid heels, fancy perfume, none of it was you. You felt out of your element, but she insisted it was not only good practice for the gala, it was irresistible. You had to admit, as awkward as you felt there was a little bit of confidence that came along with dressing to the nines. That, paired with the multiple pep talks given to you by Saffron and Camilla made you more determined than ever to tell Toshinori how you felt.

As you clumsily walked down to the street in your borrowed heels you saw a black car pull up in front of you. Your heart skipped a beat as Toshinori stepped out the back, a small bouquet of vibrantly colored carnations. Luckily, you weren't overdressed for what Toshi had on. Toshi was dressed simply and nicely with black dress pants, a white button up shirt, and a black vest over top of it. His tie, of course, was in his signature colors.. As his eyes locked on you you saw his cheeks redden as he observed your get up. You swallowed audibly and smiled shyly as you approached him.

"Hey, (Y/N). You look very lovely," He smiled, "Did you have a good day?"

"It was really good. Chiara was very... nice!"

"She sure is something. She called me to tell you how much she loved you. She insisted you model for her, but I think I fended her off for a little bit for you. I can't blame her, though. You do look beautiful... in her designs!" He stuttered, blushing at his slip up.

"Thanks, Toshi. You look really handsome as well. Are you ready to go?"

"Absolutely! Oh- these are for you," He smiled, handing you the bouquet.

"Aw, Toshi! You didn't have to go to all this trouble," You blushed, gently hugging the bouquet against your chest.

"I wanted to make this date special," He smiled as he helped you into the car,"Since you didn't seem to be swept off your feet yesterday."

"Hey! I had a great time with Akemi, I just didn't feel... sparks? Is that corny to say?"

"No, not corny. Well, maybe a little. I hope you find someone you feel 'sparks' with, (Y/N)." Toshi reached across the seat to take your hand in his and wink at you.

Toshinori Yagi was no stranger to wooing women, it was part of his job as a Hero to impress the crowds. Plus, he'd be lying if he said he'd never flirted with fans before. This, however, was different. He actually cared about you, wanted to impress you, wanted to give you the best date of your life and make you feel 'sparks', but would he be able to do that? He hoped so.

You, on the other hand, were completely unsure of what to do. You were somehow living out your fantasies of going on a date with Toshinori, but now that they were becoming a reality you didn't know what to do. Did you flirt? Did you act casual? Your nerves were sky high as you held his hand, bouncing your leg up and down. He didn't release your hand as you traveled to your dinner destination, instead stroking the back of your hand with his thumb as he told you all about his patrol.

It wasn't long until you pulled up in front of a posh looking restaurant, complete with valets stationed at the front. It looked to be part of a five star hotel that could put Might Towers to shame. Toshinori gave you his hand as you stepped out of the car and looked up at the hotel in astonishment. Toshi drank in the sight of you, looking radiant in front of the fanciest hotel in town. You looked like a princess, and he could stay there all day watching your awestruck expression.

"What do you think?" He asked, coming up to place a gentle hand on your back.

"This place is amazing, Toshinori. I didn't realize there was a place bigger than Might Towers in town," You looked at it in wonder. He held his arm out for you and you took it, heading in to the entrance of the hotel.