Chapter 13: Super Suit

As you looked at the calendar in despair, your heart sunk. Two weeks. You'd been here two weeks and so far you didn't have much to show for it. Sure, you had made new, great friendships, but the muscle mass and skills you were supposed to be gaining? Nonexistent. You'd thought the aching in your muscles would be replaced at some point by strength and definition, but you barely saw any change at all. Toshinori denied it, said you were making progress, but you could hear Gran Torinos whispering. You weren't an idiot, you knew nothing much had changed. You'd gained some muscle mass... you were learning how to fight and fight well, but there were only a few months left, and you were nowhere near ready to face the challenge of All for One.

Toshinori must've sensed your frustration, and after every training session he did his best to encourage you, to list all of the evidence of improvements you'd been making, but nothing seemed to be able to pull you out of your mood. It frustrated him, seeing you so down on yourself even though you were making huge strides in his eyes. He wished there was some way to cheer you up, but he couldn't think of anything. Then, a package was delivered to him one day after his patrols. From the briefcase inside, he had a pretty good hint at what it was. When the task of creating your suit had become too much for the prisons support team, he made a few calls to his friend David Shield, who designed his suits. Toshi had only called a few days ago, so he was shocked when it showed up at his door so soon.

"(Y/N), where are you?" He asked, strutting out of the elevator. If this didn't make you feel better, nothing will. He knew the power of trying on a new hero suit. It was empowering, encouraging. He hoped it would give you the extra spark you needed, he had a plan.

"I'm in my room, what's up, Toshi?" You asked, popping your head out of the door. Your hair was pulled into a wet braid, freshly washed after the days training.

"I've got something for you," Toshi beamed, hiding the briefcase behind his meaty back.

"What is it?" You asked curiously, stepping up on your tiptoes to try and see behind him.

"Close your eyes," He smiled, practically bouncing with excitement. He could see an improvement in your sour mood already, you couldn't resist the excitement of a surprise.

"Why? What is it?" You smiled.

"Just do it!" He told you again. You obliged, closing your eyes. "Now hold out your arms!"

You did as he said, smiling and blushing in excitement. What in the world could this be? You felt something weighty and metal dropped into your arms, and you instantly opened your eyes. It was a thick, metal briefcase.

"Oh!" You feigned excitement, "A briefcase! Thank you!"

"Open it up," Toshinori rolled his eyes.

You chuckled and walked over to set it on the kitchen counter. With the flip of two latches, you opened the case, mouth dropping open when you saw what was inside.

Your hero suit. YOUR hero suit... it was perfect! You delicately picked it up by the shoulders, marvelling at the material as Toshinori smiled behind you. The fabric was smooth and thin, slick and water resistant, almost as if they were made from your own scales. The colors were like a sunset, oddly colorful compared to most of the designs you'd tried. It matched your scales almost exactly, and if you were wearing it in your other form it would've blended in perfectly with your tail. You looked at some of the other features. To your surprise, it didn't leave your legs exposed as the designs they prison had created did.

"C-can I try it on?" You asked, turning to Toshi.

"It's your hero suit," He was beaming, "You do whatever you want with it. I was thinking we could go out to the ocean and try it out."