Chapter 10: Happiness

Many days of Shadowstalker and Mindwatcher spending good quality time together passed. The two were becoming quite close and affectionate towards each other. Their graduation was right around the corner, and his seventh hatching day was only four weeks away. The two led in a grass field together, looking up at the stars. It was a beautiful night with a clear sky.

"This is perfect..I wanna do this more.." Shadow rumbled, reaching and putting a talon on her gently. "Can we.?"

"Of course we can." She smiled while holding his claw. "We could have a picnic out here."

"That's a great idea." Shadow hummed. Life was always enjoyable for the prince, but being with Mindwatcher made it ten times better. He lowered his head to hers before kissing her gently and softly. "Hm.." She returned it and rubbed the side of his face.

"After we graduate, what did you have planned?"

"My father wants to teach me how to be an aristocrat, but I want to do carpentry." He hummed while she rubbed his face. "What about you?"

"I'm just gonna work, maybe become a mathematician! I've always been good with that sort of thing."

"I agree, you're very smart." Shadow bumped his nose on hers. "Much more than me anyway."

"Oh stop it, you are very smart! You just don't act like it sometimes, but it's cute!" She teased and rubbed his chin. "You're cute."

"Stooop.." Shadow huffed while pawing at her. "I meant I'm smart, but nowhere near as much as you." He moved his head closer while he got massages. "So yeah."

"Don't ever doubt yourself, okay?"

"Okay." Shadow closed his eyes a little before resting his head on the grass. It got a little quiet, and she remained on his chest while they led there. He wanted something to do, but he was also quite cozy.

"Would you like to head into town?" She asked him. "Maybe we'll meet up with our friends."

"That sounds fun. Let's go." Shadow smed. Mindwatcher hopped off of him while he stood before climbing up onto his back. There was a slight tugging on one of his back spikes, which was her holding onto him. It was slightly uncomfortable but he didn't mind. He began to trot his way into the city while his tail swayed. The closer he got the brighter the lanterns became, and the louder the chatter grew.

"I can hear their minds! Not too far." She pat his shoulder. "This way!" She called. He began to walk through the streets, which were made of cobblestone. Many ancient structures had been restored and turned into shops, bakeries and restaurants. The city was full of life, gardens and culture. Everything was clean and orderly as well. He loved his kingdom because it was a safe, beautiful place to live. After some walking they found Starhunter and Sharpclaws.

"Hey guys!" Shadow boomed as he trotted over to them.

"There's the happy couple." Starhunter chuckled. "Glad you two are doing well together.

"Yeah! You two kiss a lot?" Sharp teased. "I bet ya do!"

"Hmph-" Shadow huffed. A crowd was growing around them. One thing the prince wasn't a fan of was crowds. Anytime someone in his family had anything interesting going on with them it seemed as though the entire tribe became obsessed. It was more an annoyance than anything, at least for Shadowstalker. He stood and looked down at them with a small nervous smile. "As exciting as my relationship is, I'd like some privacy please.." He said respectfully. Most of the Nightwings shrugged and left to do their own thing, and he let out a sigh of relief.

"Do you guys wanna go get some food? There's a firework show tonight and I think it would be great to see it!" Mindwatcher suggested. That did sound fun. Fireworks were a wonderful invention, and they were always beautiful. Shadow nodded, then so did the other two. Starhunter led the way to a restaurant they could get something quick at.

"Sooo..." Sharp started. "What's it like being in a relationship with the Nightwing prince?" He teased Mindwatcher.

"It's great! He is very sweet. And watch what I learned." She grinned and reached over to his face, squishing his cheek around. The prince's tail swayed slowly and his face got red.

"Hey- hey cut that out!" Shadow huffed and tried to move her off.

"Oh that is adorable." Starhunter grinned.

"I learned a lot of things about him actually, mostly stuff like that." She teased while scratching behind his ear. That caused him to stop and kick his leg about. "Isn't it cute?"

"Stop-" Shadow mumbled. He didn't mind it but he was embarrassed. "Not in front of them!" He huffed. "Or I will lay on you!"

"Oh nooo how horrible!" She laughed. "It's just cute. You're very adorable." Shadow's face reddened even more. Eventually they arrived at the restaurant, but she was still playing with him to get reactions. Then he plucked her off his neck and set her down. "What? What did I do?"

"Nothing. We arrived." Shadow chuckled. "Go order whatever you guys want. Love could you grab my favorite please?" He asked with a small smile and she nodded. It was a little pasta shop that he always loved growing up. He smiled at his friends when they walked inside. He heard someone walking up behind him, which led him to turn and look down. "Hm?" It was Nighthawk and Sulu

"Well hello! Going well with the girl take it?" Nighthawk smiled.

"Hey guys! And you bet!" Shadow smiled. "We're doing great, so far so good."

"That's wonderful, Shadow. Although I'm a little heartbroken you didn't stop by my restaurant inztead." Sulu joked. "Glad it's going well for you two."

"Yeah..hehe.." Shadow's face got blushy again. "She's so fun.."

"That's great lad. Sulu and I are going to hit the town together, but you take care alright?" Nighthawk pat his shoulder. "Have fun." The two walked off. It was always a pleasure to see them. He was happy, and it seemed like everything would stay that way