Chapter 5

Cath's POV
------------------
*the few days later*

Again, same routine. I got to the hospital, got coffee, went to change and checked on patients before I had to leave for rounds. But this time, when I checked on Andy, there was nobody there with him. He was awake staring at the celling.

I knocked on the door so he knew I was there.

"Hey." He said.

I just nodded my head as a response.

"Look Cath, I don't blame you for being mad at me. You have the right to hate me. I hate me too--"

"I don't hate you. I love you, and I hate myself for that. Yes I'm hurt and mad and confused. But I don't hate you." I said. Everything seemed to be okay once again to I decided to go.

"Wait, we never got to talk." Andy said.

"I don't really want to talk."

"Please? There's nobody here, they all left home to shower, Juliet left because she had to preform. I'm all alone. Just stay with me and talk. Think of it as talking to another patient not me." He said.

"I don't have a history with most of my patients. I have to go. I have rounds to make."

"Please?!"

I sighed. Honestly, I wanted to know what he had to say. I sat down on the chair next to the bed. "Okay, I'm your doctor, not an ex."

"Okay, um... Why did you go into medicine? Why was that your dream?" He asked.

"Why was singing your dream?" I asked hoping he could answer his own question. "I just felt like that's what I wanted to do. I wanted to do this for the sane reason all the other doctors are here. We go into medicine because we want to save lives."

"What else? There must be something more than just saving lives, I mean that's cool but I imagine something more." Andy said.

"Well, we go into medicine because we want to do good. We go into medicine for the rush... The high... For the ride..." My face went from a smile of remembering the feeling to a frown.

"But?" Andy asked.

"But at the end of the day, what we remember most are the losses. We lay awake at night replaying the pain we caused or failed to cure. The lives we ruined or failed to save."

We stayed quiet for a bit.

"I like what you did with your hair." And said.

I chuckled and looked down, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. "Thanks."

A nurse came in, "Dr. Reed, the daycare called. Your daughter fell off the slide and needs stitches." She said.

"I'll be right there." I said.

"Daughter?" Andy asked.

------------------------------------------------------
ITS MY BIRTHDAY GUYS OMG its not even that exciting lol but yeaaaaa I hope ya enjoyed IK its short again I'll make it up to you guys next chapter!