Chapter 20

Cath's POV
------------------
"Cath... That was amazing! I didn't know you could sing like that!!" Jinxx said.

"Oh... Well, its not that amazing." I said looking down feeling heat rising up to my cheeks.

"Hey, you could make a career out of this! I mean, we did, so can you. We're actually looking for an opening act. If you're willing to go we can talk to our manager, set something up so you can get signed to a record label or something?" Ashley said. He turned to look at the guys and they were all nodding and smiling.

"Oh... Guys... That's an amazing opportunity but... That's not what I want to do. Helping people, saving lives.. That's my dream. I have a life here. I can't drop everything and go. I'm sorry, thank you so much for the offer." I said

"Its okay. You're still an amazing singer. If this surgeon thing doesn't work out for you you know who to call" CC said.

"Thanks." I looked down at my watch. "Shit."

I started to gather my stuff.

"Where are you going?" Andy asked.

"Work. I'm late." I quickly ran to the door but then ran back to the living room. "Oh yea, can you guys watch Beth tonight? I don't know when Danny's gonna be back. Can she stay over? Just no drinking while taking care of a kid. You keep them under control Jackie." I said

"Of course. Now go!" She hurried me out the door.

I got in the impala and a while later I was at the hospital.

"Where have you been?" Dr. Bailey asked me.

"Sorry I was late, I lost track of time--"

"Whatever. Patient in room 203 needs a consult. Something about her head hurting." She said handing me a clipboard

"203?... Isn't that the little GSW girl?" I asked but Biley had already walked away. I ran to room 203 to find the little girl covering her ears with a pillow.

"She can't even stand the quietest noise doctor. What's wrong?" The mom whispered to me crying.

"I don't know. I would like to get a head CT, see if there were some complications in the surgery. Ma'am, your daughter being alive is a miracle. And we will do our best to keep her alive, but that might mean there will be some side effects of all the surgeries." I said putting my hand on her shoulder. She nodded and sat down on a chair while the nurse and I took the little girl to CT.

***
The CT scans were almost finished, "You're doing great Liz. We're almost done." I said through the microphone that allowed her to hear me while she was in the scanning room.

I turned the microphone off as the pictures appeared on the screen. I sighed as soon as I saw them, "Page neuro and get an O.R. ready..." I told the nurse.

A couple of minutes later I was scrubbing in while they were giving Elisabeth the anesthesia. I was washing my hands when Toby came in.

"What are you doing here?" I asked confused.

"Dr. Shepard asked me to scrub in." He said.

"But I'm scrubbing in."

"No you're not. Shepard thinks with everything that has happened in the past few days with you you're not emotionally stable enough to be in the O.R." he said.

"What? But I discovered she had a clot! Dr. Shepard didn't tell me anything when I talked with him!" I said.

"Well... Might've gotten an anonymous tip about your emotional state from somebody."