Chapter 12

Cath's POV
-----------------
I sighed. Why the hell...how the fuck did that slip out?

"I...its...uh..." I couldn't think of what to say so I opened the door and ran like hell. I ran, I didn't know where I was heading but I ran. I was too busy to look back to check if Andy was running after me.

I heard Dr. Owen Hunt yell, "Hey! No running in the hallways!"

I know running away from your problems isn't the right thing to do but, yes it is. I saw an elevator door open, it was closing but I sprinted to it and luckily I was able to squeeze inside. A few people move aside.

As the doors closed I saw Andy, breathless running towards the elevator. "Wait! No!" And then the doors closed. I tried to catch my breath and ignored glances from the people around me. I pressed the button to the basement, where Cristina and I used to hang out with a few other people when we were interns.

There were a few old gurneys there, I laid down in one and looked up at the ceiling, thinking of everything. A tear slipped out of my eye and soon I was sobbing, my body shaking and I struggled to breathe. I didn't even know why I was crying this time. Maybe because the memory of what happened, when the doctor told me something was wrong with my babies, or maybe it was Andy coming back. Or jealousy, or maybe it was just all the emotions I had built up and I was finally letting go.

My pager beeped. 911 in the E.R. I sat up on the gurney and took a few deep breaths. I started walking and wiped my eyes regaining my posture and acted as if nothing had happened.

I took the elevator up to the E.R. "What do we have?" I asked.

"There was a plane crash. Go in trauma room 2, they need help with a woman there. Barely keeping her alive." Dr Webber said.

I nodded and ran to the room. I opened the door and Dr. Hunt and Cristina were trying to resuscitate the lady. I took a good look at her.

No. No, it couldn't be, this is the last thing I needed right now.

Without saying anything I got out of the room. I leaned against the wall trying to keep calm. I felt a panic attack coming on. I looked around. People moving, blood everywhere, doctors frantically trying to keep people's body parts attached to their bodies. Usually this wouldn't bother me but I felt dizzy, very dizzy.

Everything was blurry, all the motion happening. Nurses running around with crash carts, doctors and interns stitching people up, people crying, screaming, kids crying, screaming. My breath was now quick, my heart beat faster and faster by the second. I slid down against the wall and sat on the floor. Everything started going black and dark until I felt someone shake me and call my name.

It was Cristina.

"Cath! Cath! Look at me! Breathe!" I turned to look at her and my vision was slowly adjusting. "Breathe... Breathe... In...out..." She inhaled and exhaled with me until I was calm.

"That's...that's my mom in there..."I said.

Cristina looked at me with soft pitiful eyes. "I know."

------------------------------------------------------