Chapter 9

Andy's POV
--------------------
"You're really smart for your age you know that?" I told Beth.

"Yea, I know." She said.

We went up to the counter and Beth got a waffle cone with rocky road ice cream while I got a scoop of vanilla ice cream in a cup.

"So why didn't you tell me? I've always wanted a daddy and you knew you were mine but you didn't say anything?"

I sighed and put my ice cream down. "I didn't know. I just found out. I pinky swear. As much as you want a dad, I want to be your dad. Maybe even more. I haven't seen your mom in a long long time and I didn't know about you until I got hurt and had to go to the hospital. I'm sorry Beth. I swear, honey, if I knew about you before I would've been there." I said.

She looked down and kept eating her ice cream. She didn't say anything to me after that.

------------------
Cath's POV
------------------

"Its aliveeee!" Cristina said when I walked into the residents office. "I haven't seen you in forever!"

"It has only been 2 days Cristina." I said flatly.

"What's wrong?"

I sighed. "Andy knows. He knows about Beth."

Cristina's jaw dropped and she stayed quiet for a couple of seconds. "How?"

"He asked who her dad was and I didn't tell him and one thing led to another and he's not stupid so, Yea he found out." I said pouring myself a cup of coffee. It was 2pm but with my sleep pattern and job, its never a bad time for coffee.

"Did he say he was gonna help you with her? How is that gonna work?"

"He didn't say anything. I mean, we didn't get to talk about it. But he went to see her at daycare and... She likes him. She didn't want to come with me, she wanted to stay with him. God he can't do this! I have raised her for 4 years, I'm her mom and dad, he can't just come and take her away from me!" I said.

"Hey, calm down. He's not taking her away from you. You're still and forever will be her mom but he's her dad. And I'm not defending him, I'm always on you're side you know that, but he didn't really know about her. You didn't tell him." She said.

"I did! I tried calling him but he never answered! I called him when I found out I was pregnant, nobody answered. I called him when I got my first ultrasound, nobody answered! I called him when I found out they were twins, nobody answered! I called him when..." I looked down,took a deep breath and blinked to try to stop tears from spilling out my eyes, "nobody answered. He could've known about her-- them-- but he chose not to, he chose not to answer the phone, he chose not to call back. Its his fault that he didn't know, not mine." I got up and took my coffee with me. I went straight to the E.R. hoping there would be a case for me, a case to get my mind off things. Fortunately, there was.

"Reed! Incoming GSW. You're on!" Dr. Hunt called to me.

I ran to the doors of the ER and the paramedics were bringing in a little girl.

"Vanessa Patricks, 7, gunshot wound to the left eye, unconscious at the scene, we got a faint pulse." One of the paramedics said. I grabbed and pushed the gurney to the nearest trauma room with the help of other doctors including Dr Hunt.

I looked down at the little girl. This was bad, this was in really bad. This shot should've killed her, but it didn't, and we were gonna do everything in our power to keep her alive."Page Neuro. Now!"
-----------------------------------------------------

No , I did not die I'm still alive sorry for not updating sooner

GSW=gunshot wound

Neuro= neurosurgeon or the neurosurgery department

Sorry for the short chapter and I did not proof read so Yea sorry for spelling mistakes or whatever, hope you guys enjoyed!