Chapter 21

Cath's POV
------------------
Thankfully Beth was playing by herself and didn't pay attention to what was happening on around her.

"What happened to Andy?" She asked worried.

"I'm just a little hurt Beth, its okay, let's go." Andy grabbed Beth's hand and we walked back to the house.

Once there I brought out a few bandages, some rubbing alcohol and my suture kit because he needed some stitches. Beth ran off to her room.

"Sit." I motioned for him to sit on a chair in front of me. As I poured a bit of alcohol on a cotton ball Danny walked though the door.

"Where have you been?" I asked

"What happened to him?" Danny asked looking at Andy.

"I asked first."

"I... I went to pick up mom's ashes." He said holding up a urn.

I stayed silent for a couple of seconds. "All night?"

"Oh, yea I have to talk to you about something. Actually about a couple of things." Danny said.

"Okay, let me just clean Andy up." I said. Danny nodded.

"Can I take Beth out for ice cream?" Like magic, Beth appeared in the living room as soon as Danny said ice cream.

"Yes!!!" Beth said. They were halfway out the door already.

"But she had ice cream for break--breakfast. Oh, forget it." They were already in the car. I shook my head and turned to Andy. "What am I gonna do with those two?"

We both laughed and I started cleaning his wounds.

"Ow!" Andy said as soon as I started stitching up his eyebrow.

"Oh shut up you big baby!" I said and laughed. "Tilt your head this way."

"No, it hurts!"

"Turn your head towards me!"

"No!" Andy said.

I got tired of asking so I sat on his lap facing him to be able to stitch up his wound correctly.

"...I can get used to this." Andy said with a smirk.

"Shut up." I finished the last sticth. "Done!" I said.

"Great!" Andy put his hands on my hips and brought me closer. I was still sitting on his lap, he had to look up a bit. He looked at my eyes and then my lips. I looked at his eyes and then his lips.

Keeping one hand on my hip he took the other hand and put it on the back of my neck, bringing me down and crashing our lips together.

I kissed him back, his lips tasted a bit like blood. I fiddled with his lip ring a bit. His toungue explored my mouth and let out a deep moan making me moan.

"I know a place where that cold piece of metal might feel good on." He said putting his hands on the waistband on my sweats. He kissed me again and I smiled into the kiss. A couple of seconds later we heard the front door open.

I stood up and pretended to be putting my suture kit away.

"Mommy! Look what we found!" Beth came running into the living room showing me a ladybug in her hand.

"Aww! A lady bug!" I asked.

Beth nodded and ran into the kitchen. I looked at Andy who gave me a 'Really? Again?' Look and I gave him an 'I know, I'm sorry' look.

"Cath! I had to talk to you!" Danny said.

"Oh! Right. Andy can you help Beth? She knows where everything is." Andy nodded and headed to the kitchen.

"Cath... I know why mom was flying out here." Danny said. We both sat down on the counch facing each other. "She was sober. She had been for the last 2 years. And once her anger about you being a teen mom dialed down, she wanted to come and visit you guys. She called me before her flight and told me."

I looked down letting my brain process this information. "I don't know why this is hitting me so hard," I said with tears pooling in my eyes. "She took my childhood away, my teenage years. All I did was constantly take care of her drunk ass... But she was my mom. And the minute she tries to do something nice she dies." I said laughing sadly to myself.

"I know Cath, I know." Danny wrapped his arms around me and rubbed circles into my back.
"She once told me she didn't want a funeral. She said funerals were sad and cliche." Danny laughed at the memory, "she wanted us to let her ashes go at a beach."

"Isn't that illegal?" I asked.

"Uh... Yea." We laughed a bit.

"So what was the second thing you wanted to tell me?" I asked.

"Well... You know Lily.." Danny said.

" Please tell me you didn't get your girlfriend pregnant." I said sighing.

"No! No." Danny said laughing. "We actually know how to use birth control." He said speaking of Andy and I. I hit his shoulder.
"Sorry." He said laughing. "We're engaged!" He said.

"Oh my god Daniel! Congrats!" I said hugging him.

***
A couple of hours later Andy had gone home and we were at the beach Andy had taken me the day of the plane crash. Danny was holding the urn. He opened the lid.

"Should we say a couple of words?" I asked.

"Yea. Yea." Danny handed me the urn.

I sighed. "Mom...why did you have to wait until now to start doing things right? Why did you have to go..." Tears were rolling down my cheeks and we barely started. "I've said it before and I'll say it again. You ruined my childhood...yet I love you. I love you mom, and I forgive you. I hope you forgive everything I've done too.." I threw some ashes onto the ocean and handed the urn to Danny.

"Mom, you were suppose to be here for my wedding... You were suppose to walk Cath down the isle at her wedding. You are gone too early. You were suppose to boss us around and tell us we were doing everything wrong. You were suppose to be our mom longer." He wiped tears from his cheek. "Goodbye mom..." He threw some ashes into the water as well.

He got down and let Beth grab the urn with him. "Good bye grandma... " she said as they both threw the rest of her ashes.

After that we were all pretty emotional, and we decided to stay a while longer at the beach.

------------------------------------------------------

Oh my GOD WHEN I WAS WRITIG ABOUT COTTON BALLS NUH UH, NOPE, NO NO NONONONONONO I HATE COTTON MY SKIN GETS GOOSEBUMPS WHEN I THINK ABOUT IT OR TOUCH IT NO nUHUH NOPE BYE