Chapter 6

Cath's POV
-----------------
I ran to the daycare, worried sick about what might've happened. Once I got there my 4 year old daughter, Beth, was sitting on the floor crying, with blood running from the side of her face.

"What happened?" I asked the teacher.

"She was sliding down the slide and fell forward I guess, I wasn't really paying attention."

Instead of arguing I went to my daughter. "Hey baby, are you okay?"

She wiped her eyes with the back of her hands and nodded.

"That's my girl. Now come on, let's go get you cleaned up." I picked her up, propped her on my hip and walked to the PEDs floor. Once we were there I paged Alex, another one of the people that was with me in the intern program, now we both are residents.

"Reed, what happened?" He asked once he got there.

"She fell off the slide. I was wondering if you could stitch her up."

"Yea sure." He grabbed Beth by her hand and led her to a bed.

Then my pager beeped. "I have to go check on a patient. Can you take care of the injury and then take her to the daycare please?"

"Sure. You go." He said getting out His suture kit.

"I love you", I kissed Beth's forehead and walked out of the room.

I ran to Andy's room to see what had happened.

"What's wrong, is everything okay?" I asked frantically.

"My side hurts." Andy said. There was still nobody there.

I sighed. "Andy, why was I paged? The nurse could've taken care of that."

"You have a daughter?" He asked.

"Is that why you paged me? Yes I do and actually she needs stitches but I had to run back here because I thought you were dying!" I whisper-yelled at him while giving him more morphine.

"How old is she?" He asked

I sighed again. "Andy, I would much rather be there with my daughter, holding her hand while she got her stitches than answering your questions." I said.

"I know, I know. You seem like a good mom." Andy said.

"Yea well, I do the best I can. I'm not exactly around a lot." I said.

"I'm sure she knows how hard you try. So how old is she? What's her name?"

"Her name is Beth, and she's 4." I said.

"Beth? Like the Kiss song?" Andy asked.

"Yea, Beth like the Kiss song." I said smiling.

"Nice." Andy said smiling too.

"Thanks." I said.

"Can I meet her?" He asked

"Uh... I don't know if that's a good idea." I said.

"Why not?" He asked.

I stayed quiet searching for the right thing to say.

After a few minutes of silence Andy spoke up, "So, if you don't mind me asking, who's her dad? Does he help you out with her?"

"No, he doesn't help me out." I said.

"Wow, well he must be missing out raising, I imagine, an amazing kid with you." Andy said.

"Yea, he is missing out." I said. We stayed quite. I decided to double check his vitals.

"Wait... If she's 4.... She's?... Am I?"

I stared at him but didn't respond.

"Oh my god." He said.

In that moment Juliet walked in the room followed by Jake and Jinxx.

"Hey babe! Sorry I couldn't come earlier, but the show was amazing! I saw this poster that said....."

I slipped out of the room without saying a word. Once I was out of the room I sighed heavily. It felt like the weight of the world had just been lifted off my shoulders.

The thing people forget is how good it can feel when you finally set secrets free. Whether good or bad, at least they're out in the open, like it or not. And once they're out in the open, you don't have to hide behind them anymore. The problem with secrets is, even when you think you're in control you're not.

------------------
Andy's POV
------------------
Oh my god. Was she serious? Did Cath and I really have a kid? No. It can't be. I mean, I don't think so? No, I wouldve known about it. Yea, Jackie would've told CC and he would've said something. He is horrible at keeping secrets.

"...And then when I said goodbye all the fans yelled, I swear it was the loudest cheer I've ever heard it was amazing!" Juliet said.

I wasn't really paying attention to what she was saying. Jesus, I'm a dad. Me. I have a kid. What the fu--

"Andy? Hey man are you okay?" Jake asked.

"What?" I asked. "Oh, yea I'm fine. Just tired."

"Dude you've been in a bed for 4 days. And its 1 in the afternoon!" Jinxx said.

"So?"I asked.

"Okay, then. I guess we'll let you get some rest. I'll see you tomorrow baby." Juliet kissed my forehead and left.

"Bye." The guys said.

"Bye."
----------------------------------------------