Chapter 7

Cath's POV
-------------------

I got out of the room and went into the nearest on call room. I sat in the bed and put my head in my hands. What was I thinking?! Why did I let him know that he was Beth's dad? I mean, he was bound to find out sooner or later but I don't now if Beth's ready for this, if I'm ready for this.

What am I going to do?

"Cath? What's wrong?"

I looked up and saw Toby standing in front of me.

"Sorry, did you want to sleep? I'll get out. " I said wiping my eyes, getting ready to get out of the room.

Toby grabbed my arm gently. "No. Stay."

He sat down on the bed and I sat down next to him. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing." I said.

He raised an eyebrow and looked at me.

"Everything."

"Why do you say that?" He asked.

"Well, my ex showed up here and of course ended up being my patient. And that's not even the worse part, he's actually... Beth's dad. And now he knows that but he wasn't suppose to know but I stupidly told him and...And I don't know how to deal with this right now." I said.

"Wow." Was all Toby said.

"Yea." I exhaled and started sobbing.

Toby put an arm around me and rubbed circles on my back. "Its gonna be okay." He whispered in my ear while holding me.

Once I finally stopped sobbing I wiped my tears and under my eyes. "God, I'm such a mess." I said sniffing.

"Hey, we all need to let stuff out sometimes." Toby said wiping my cheeks with his thumb.

We stared at each other. His eyes going from my eyes to my mouth. My eyes flicking from his eyes to his mouth. He started leaning in and I stayed still.

He pressed his lips against mine  and i kissed back.

"This... Was a mistake." I said pulling away from the kiss.

"Why?" He asked.

"I just... I don't think this was the best idea right now."

"Oh. Well... I thought that was amazing." Toby said smiling.

"Me too." I said

"Well you know what they say, the best memories are made from bad ideas."

I knew that wasn't the case. I didn't want to kiss him, but at the same time I did. I needed a distraction from Andy, and Toby was it. He was my distraction.

I rolled on top of him and kissed him with all I had.

There's this thing about being a surgeon. Maybe its pride or maybe its just about being tough. But a true surgeon never admits they need help unless truly necessary. Surgeons don't ask for help because they're tougher than that. Surgeons are cowboys, rough around the edges, hard core... At least that's what they want you to think.

------------------
Andy's POV
------------------

Day gazillion of being in the hospital: still bored as fuck. God my head is spinning.

Beth, 4 years old.

I decide Cath wasn't gonna let me see Beth any time soon so I had to do something about that. The nurse said the daycare and Cath wasn't gone more than 20 minutes, it must be in the building.

I got out of bed and my legs almost gave out. I recovered and slipped by the nurses and thank god they didn't see me. Ashley had left some clothes for me here yesterday so I grabbed the bag and tried to get into the nearest on-call room but it was locked.

"Ocupadoooo." a woman's voice sang and I heard a man and the woman laughing. I think I recognized the voice. Cath?

I took the thought out of my mind and went to the next room. I locked it and changed into my black jeans and plain black T-shirt. Once I was done changing I got out of the room and asked the nearest nurse where the daycare was.

She told me how to get there and I said thank you before taking the elevator. Once I got there I went inside.

"Can I help you?" An older woman asked me.

"Uh, Yea I'm looking for Beth?" I said.

"Sorry, Dr. Reed hasn't mentioned anything about someone else checking her daughter out of daycare. You can't take her." She said.

"Oh, no I'm not.. I just want to speak with her. I'm a friend of Cath's." I said.

"I'm sorry sir but--"

"I'm Beth's father." I said. It felt so weird to say that.

"Oh, umm... I guess you can come in and talk with her." The lady said. "Beth, honey, someone's here to see you."

A small girl stood up from where she was coloring and ran next to the lady. She looked up at me. She had a bandage on the left side of her forehead. She was absolutely beautiful. She had big round icy blue eyes. Her hair was dark brown and wavy like Cath's. She had Cath's nose but my lips. She was beautiful.

"Beth, one of your mom's friends wants to talk to you." The lady said.

I crouched down to as close as I would get to her level, in fear of scaring her.

"Hi, I'm Andy." I said.

"I'm Beth!" She said with a smile and she held out her small hand. I gently shook it.

"Can I see what you were drawing back there?" I asked.

"Yea." Beth took my hand and started leading me to the table she was sitting at.

"She's beautiful isn't she?" The lady whispered.  I nodded and smiled before sitting down next to Beth.

Beth handed me the unfinished drawing she had made.

"Wow this is really good, you could be an artist when you grow up." I told her.

She laughed. "No I want to be a singer!" She said.

"Well I bet you would be an amazing singer then." I told her.

"This is my mom and that's Uncle Danny, " she said pointing at her drawing. "Oh and that's me." The picture was the usual expected picture for a 5 year old. Her family, a sun at the corner, some grass and a ton of flowers.

"Who's this?" I said pointing to an tall black figure. Oh that's not creepy at all...

"That's my dad. I don't know how he looks like, so I can't draw him. But I put him in there anyways." She said.

"You seem pretty smart. Why aren't you in kindergarten yet?" I asked.

"Mommy said it was because I have a special birthday and I couldn't get in until next year. I will be this many then." She said holding up 5 fingers.

"I like your shirt." I said pointing at her my chemical romance shirt.

"Me too. Mommy has one just like this and I wanted one too so she made it for me." Beth said.

"Do you listen to the same music your mommy does?" I asked.

"Yea. We like to flip our hair like this and jump on the sofas and our bed while listening to music." She said while head banging. I chuckled a little and watched in amusement.

"Oh you have one too?" She said grabbing my lip ring with her tiny fingers. "You have two rings." She said now touching my nose ring. "Mommy has some too but she has a diamond on her nose. And she has drawings on her arms too, like you." She said tracing my tattoos.

We kept talking for another 30 minutes until I decided it was time for me to leave. Beth asked when I would come talk with her again and I told her I would try to visit tomorrow. With that I left and went back into my room.
-------------------------------------------------------