Chapter 13

Andy's POV
--------------------
God where the fuck did Cath go?! What the hell was all that about? I waited for a while, trying to figure out what to do next but the only thing I could think of was leave. It was probably best that I gave Cath some space and, as much as I wanted to know what that was about, I hope she will tell me on her own later on.

I noticed there was a lot of commotion. Everyone was running around, things were beeping every 3 seconds. I went down to the E.R. and it was even worse than upstairs.

There was blood everywhere, people missing arms, hands, fingers, people with bruises on their bodies, people with their heads practically open. Doctors frantically trying to calm people down while treating 3 other patients at a time.

I looked around and I saw a familiar set of red hair. Cath was sitting on the floor and her friend had her arms around her. Cath was crying and shaking, she looked like she was emotionally and physically drained and about to pass out. I walked towards her and kneeled down beside Cath.

"Sir, you can't be here." Cath's friend said.

"What happened?" I asked talking about Cath.

"If you're not a patient or a doctor or a nurse you can't--"

"Its okay." Cath spoke up. Her voice was shaky like she was about to burst into a sob.

"But Cath--"

"Its okay Cristina. You need to go treat patients, its okay. Go." Cath said.

Cristina stood up and looked at me for a second before going into the room beside her.

I sat down and brought my knees to my chest beside Cath. My back was pressed against the wall. We both stayed quiet and stared ahead, not looking at anything specifically.

After about 5 minutes I decided to speak, to make sure Cath was okay but to hopefully distract her from whatever had happened at the same time.

"So, this is what you have to deal with daily? Its intense." I said.

Cath stayed quiet and looked down.

I was about to speak up again but Cath cut me off.

"My mom was on the plane." She said in a low voice.

"What?"

"My mom. She was on the plane. She's in that room right now." She pointed to the room behind us where Cristina had just gone in.

"I'm sorry..." Was all I could think of saying. I didn't know how to handle this kind of situation.

A man walked out of the room. He looked down at us and I quickly stood up, helping Cath up too. We stood side by side and as the doctor was about to speak Cath held on to my hand. She squeezed it and held on to my arm.

"Cath," the Doctor said, "your mom is stable." Cath sighed of relief and loosened her grip on my hand but she didn't let go. "I think you should take the day off. I'll keep you posted on how she's doing." He put a hand on her shoulder before leaving.

Cath turned around and hugged me. Warmth spread through my body at the feeling of her body pressed against mine. God, how I missed that feeling. I hugged her back tightly and I felt my shirt getting wet. She was crying again and like always, I didn't know what to do. I hugged tighter and rubbed circles on her back. I nuzzled my head on the crook of her neck and inhaled her sent. She smelled like fruity shampoo and a floral perfume.

"Hey, let's get out of here, okay?" I said once I felt her stop crying. She nodded. "Should we pick up Beth first?"

"No. I think it's best she doesn't see me like this." She said.