The Heirs of the Dragon

95 AC Kings Landing

Birthing chambers

Lady Aemma Arryn was screaming her lungs out. She had prepared for this day for the last nine months, and now that it finally came, she was less than prepared.

"Guahhahhh fuckkkk!" Aemma screamed. It has been almost 3 hours since she's been in labor, and it seemed as if nothing had happened.

"Push, my lady!" The maester urged. "I can see the head."

Aemma took a deep breath and pushed. "Tsssssaahhh!" She felt something slip out of her. The midwives cleaned the baby, but there was no cry.

"You have a boy, my lady." The maester said.

"Why isn't he crying?" Aemma asked.

The maester went to inspect. "I'm sorry, my lady, the babe did not make it."

"No! No, no!" Aemma shouted. She had already suffered a miscarriage a year ago and now a stillbirth. "Argh!" She groaned. "What's wrong with me?!" The maester went back to inspect Aemma.

"It would seem that we're not done here, my lady. You need to push again." The maester urged.

Without hesitation, Aemma gave one big push, and she felt her second baby leave her body. It was another boy, but once again, there was no cry.

"Wake up! Please wake up!" Aemma begged. Both her babies weren't breathing. "Wake up!" Suddenly, two loud cries filled the room.

"My lady, your boys live!" A midwife said.

"Praise the mother!" Another midwife exclaimed.

Just then, Prince Viserys Targaryen entered the room. "Aemma?" He called out.

"Our boys... our boys." Aemma panted.

"Sons. We have twins?" Viserys asked.

"Yes." Aemma confirmed

"I love you, Aemma. I love you so much." Viserys said.

"I love you as well. Bring them to me, bring me our sons." Aemma said, and Viserys did what Aemma said without a second thought.

"Have you thought of names, my prince?" The maester asked.

Viserys smiled. "The eldest shall be called Taeron, and the youngest will be named Vaegon."

"Congratulations, my prince, my lady." The maester said.

"Don't you want to rest?" Viserys asked his wife.

"I want to, but I can't stop looking at them." Aemma said. "Our boys are here, and our babies are here."

"Yes, they are." Viserys said. He looked at Taeron and saw it all. He would be the one to place the crown on his sons' head.

Just then, Baelon Targaryen, father of Viserys, entered the room. "What happy news this day!"

"Yes, father, it is." Viserys said.

"Where is my grandchild?" Baelon asked.

"Grandchildren." Viserys corrected his father. "Twins."

"Even better. They'll be best friends." Baelon laughed. "What are their names?" He asked.

"We've named our eldest son Taeron and our second born, Vaegon." Viserys answered.

"Good. Good. I'm so proud of you both." Baelon said.

"Forgive me, my prince, I have to feed them." Aemma said.

"Ah! Yes, of course. I'll look in you after then." Baelon left the room.