A Day Of Mourning And To Spring The Trap

Queen Aemma Arryn and her baby wer wrapped up and set on a pyre outside, ready to be laid to rest. The mourners all wore black and saw the queen and her infant son on the pyre as it was ready to be lit. Taeron looked at his father. The 18 year old was being watched by some Kingsguard knights, including his sworn protector, ser Harrold. When Taeron heard the news about his mother's death. He rushed to her room and found her in her bed with her stomach ripped open. He looked at his father with murderous intent and choked him to the point that Viserys' face turned purple. It took 6 knights, including Ser Harwin Strong, to remove Taeron from his father.

"They're waiting for you, nephew." Daemon told Taeron.

"I wonder of in those few hours that my brother was alive if father was happy?" Taeron asked.

"He needs you now, more than ever." Daemon pointed out.

"If her really needed me, he would've respected my wishes in finding a wife and not getting her pregnant." Taeron said and walked forward and looked at his father. He then looked at his dragon Orvax. He was waiting for his riders' command. Taeron then looked at the pyre. "Goodbye, mother. Dracarys!" He comanded, and Orvax set the pyre on fire. Viserys closed his eyes and silently cried. He had loved only one woman in his life, and now one is gone, his Aemma was gone, and it was all his fault. "I will never forgive this, Father." Taeron said and walked away.

In the distance, Vaegon was on his dragon, Galathor, he went out for a flight, he couldn't be so close, not after the talk he had with his mother the night before the tourney.

4 years ago

A 14 year old Vaegon was walking to his parents' room, and as he was about to enter, he heard them talk.

"No!" Aemma shouted. "I will not lose my son." Viserys wanted to send Vaegon away after what happened with the handmaiden that he killed.

"You saw what he did, Aemma. How long can we keep it all a secret?" Viserys asked.

"I don't care if we take it to our graves, but I will not lose Vaegon." Aemma said.

"What would you have me do?" Viserys asked.

"Have Mellos make him some herbs or medicine. Anything, but I can not lose any of our children." They heard the door open and saw Vaegon enter.

"Father is right, mother." Vaegon said. "Perhaps I should leave."

Aemma rushed to her son. "No. You are my son Vaegon, and as long as I'm alive, I'll protect you by whatever means."

"I'm a monster." The 14 year old boy teared up.

"You're not a monster. You are Vaegon Targaryen. The son of King Viserys and Queen Aemma, and we love you." Aemma said.

Vaegon hugged his mother tightly and cried on her shoulder. "I'll have Mellos prepare some medicine for you, my son." Viserys said and left the room.

Vaegon looked at his father, he gripped his harness tightly, one command would be all it took to kill his father, one word and his father would be set on fire, instead he flew away, he showed restraint out of respect for his mother.

Small council chambers

After the funeral, a small council meeting was held. Otto had a lot on his mind to get off, and he needed the king to be on board. All the members rose at the presence of the king as he was accompanied by Lord commander Ryam Redwyne he noticed that his sons seat was empty.