Awkward Reunion

Driftmark

Duncan's ship landed on the shores of Driftmark, and his dragon had also landed just as he instructed him to.

"Don't worry, boy, we'll find you something to eat or someone." Duncan snorted.

"Good morrow, Duncan." He heard Rhaenyras voice, and she approached him with Rhaella.

"Ah, aunt Rhaenyra, it's good to see you again." He said. "Has my father arrived?" He asked.

"Not yet. He should arrive tonight." She answered. "You look just like your father."

"It would seem I'm not the only one who looks like Vaegon Targaryen." Duncan said and looked at Rhaella.

Rhaenyras' face went pale with fear. "Duncan -" She was cut off by the heir to Runestone.

"Don't worry, aunt, your secret is safe with me." He said.

She noticed a bow that was in a case. She assumed it was his. "Do you even know how to use that?" She asked.

"Ask the animals that I've killed." He answered. "It belonged to my mother, Rhea Royce. It's the only thing she left me."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bring up bad memories." Rhaenyra said.

"What memories, she died and I lived, I'm stronger than her thanks to my fathers blood." Duncan said he looked at Rhaella. "What will you do now Rhaella, your uncle has practically kicked your mother out of Kings Landing. You might be sent off to marry some idiot lord and be forced to have his children." Duncan smirked.

"Enough Duncan!" Rhaenyra yelled at the boy.

"Mother, have we been kicked out of our home?" She asked.

"No, sweetling, Duncan is trying to scare you, that's all." Rhaenyra assured her daughter.

"Perhaps he should shut up then." Aemond walked to then, and Rhaella smiled when she saw him.

"Or what, boy?" Duncan arrogantly asked. "Your father can't protect you forever, and without a dragon, you're toothless."

"He'll have a dragon!" Rhaella spat.

"When? Because no dragon wants him." Duncan said. "Perhaps he's not one of us and should be shunned from the Targaryen dynasty."

Aemond stepped forward but stopped when he heard his father's voice. "It seems I'm just in time for a family confrontation." They saw Taeron arrive with the rest of his family and the King and some Kingsguard.

"Brother." Rhaenyra greeted.

"Uncle Taeron." Rhaella greeted.

"Uncle." Duncan greeted.

"What have I missed?" Taeron asked.

"Nothing special, we were just -" Duncan was cut off by Taeron.

"I was asking Rhaenyra, the adult. Perhaps you should go and play with your toys with all the other children." Taeron said, and Duncan's face went pale. "Go on, say something, I dare you... boy." Duncan said nothing and stormed off.

"Alicent, how have you been?" Rhaenyra asked.

"I've been well, considering that I am eating for two." She said, and Rhaenyra gave her a curious look, Alicent then put her hand on her stomach, and Rhaenyra put two and two together.

"Congratulations to the both of you." Rhaenyra said.

"Thank you, sister. I wish to speak to you about something." Taeron said and looked Ser Criston and Ser Erryk. "See to it that my wife and children are settled in, and inform lord Corlys of our arrival, then send word to Ser Otto to meet me in my rooms."