Saints & Sinners

Driftmark

122AC

Vaegon and Laenas chambers

"Are you all ready?" Laena asked.

"Yes, Mama!" Laenas triplet daughters said at the same time.

"Have you seen your father?" Laena asked.

"I think he was in the hall of nine, mother." A 6 year old Vaela said.

Today marked 10 years since Queen Aemmas' death, and Taeron had invited his brother and sister to partake in a memorial service for her. Laena and the triplets got a fright when they heard something break. The sounds became louder and louder.

"Stay here." Laena told her daughters. She then rushed to where the noise was coming from, and she saw Vaegon breaking everything around him in the library. "Vaegon, stop!" Laena yelled. Vaegon stopped at looking at Laena. She could tell that he was already drunk. "I thought we agreed that you weren't drinking today."

"Today marks 10 years since my father killed my mother." Vaegon said and poured himself some ale. "If this isn't a time to drink, then when is it?" He asked. "I have to go back to the place where my mother died. The place that I was banished by the perfect prince, Taeron."

"You never told me why your brother banished you." Laena said.

"Because he hates me!" Vaegon shouted and fell over a chair. "I spilled my drink." Vaegon laughed.

"Come, let's get you sober and bathed." Laena said and picked him up. He was heavy, but she still managed to at least get him on his feet. When they got to the room. Vaegon looked at his daughters.

"Can we help you, mother?" Baela asked.

"No, sweetling, it's alright." Laena said.

"Stay with Papa, and we will draw a bath for him, Mother." Vaela said, and before Laena could say anything, the triplets ran to draw a bath for their father.

"Do you see how much your children love you?" Laena asked. "6 years old, and they don't even understand why they need to take care of you, but they do."

"I don't need them, I don't need you. I can take care of myself." Vaegon said. "Why are we still married. You don't love me, and I don't love you."

"That's the problem, Vaegon. I do love you with all my heart." Laena said. "But I won't let our children see you this way anymore." She walked away to help her daughters.

Kings Landing

Taeron and Alicents chambers

Taeron was sleeping in his office, which was also located in his room since it was the second biggest room in the castle. He was groaning in his sleep.

Taeron was in the destroyed dragonpit and saw people seated around it. He saw a golden haired woman in chains and a golden haired dwarf.

"I know you never wanted to be king, but if we choose you as the sole ruler of Westeros, do you promise to serve the realm to the best of your ability?" The dwarf asked, looking behind Taeron.

Taeron turned and once again saw Davion Baratheon.

"I do." Davion said.

"Then to Davion Baratheon, I say aye." The dwarf said. Taeron could tell that these people were choosing Davion as king, but he didn't know why.

"Taeron? Taeron wake up." The crown prince heard a voice.

Taeron woke up and saw his wife standing next to him. "Are you alright, Davion?" Alicent asked.