Let The Guilty Men Be Judged

Kings Landing

The next day

Aegon, Rhaegar, and Aemonds room

"Why aren't you dressed yet, Aemond?" A 9 year old Aegon asked his brother when he entered their rooms.

"Rhaegar didn't help me." A 5 year old Aemond said.

"Where is Rhaegar?" Aegon asked.

"I'm right here." An 8 year old Rhaegar answered as he entered from the other side of their room.

"You were instructed to get yourself and Aemond ready. Explain yourself." Aegon demanded.

"Or what? You're not my king. I don't answer to you." Rhaegar spat.

"Yes, but you answer to Father." Aegon pointed out. "Tell me, brother, is your bottom still sore from the last time you defied father?" He asked.

Rhaegars face went pale. Last year, he went to the Dragonpit to see if he could find an egg since his did not hatch when he was supposed to be studying, and his father punished him for his defiance.

"Don't you tell Father." Rhaegar spat.

"Don't yell your father what?" The three boys heard their mother ask as she entered the room. "Aemond, why are you not dressed yet?" Alicent asked. The three brothers were silent. "Someone answer me." Alicent demanded.

Aegon cleared his throat. "Forgive me, mother. My sculpting lessons with grandfather were longer than expected."

Alicent looked at her eldest son. She knew that something was wrong. Aegon has never lied to her. "Tell me the truth, my son. Now." The princess consort demanded.

Aegon sighed. "I asked Rhaegar to ensure that Aemond be ready for the memorial, but he failed in doing so."

Alicent looked at her second born son. "What do you have to say for yourself, Rhaegar?" She asked.

Rhaegar looked down and then at his mother. "I thought that Aemond could dress himself, mother. I'm sorry. Please don't tell Father."

Alicent sighed and walked to Rhaegar. "I won't tell him, but when your father and I aren't around, you listen to Aegon. Is that clear?"

"Yes, mother." Rhaegar said.

"Now help Aemond get dressed." Alicent sternly told Rhaegar, and he did just that.

A few hours later, the royal family stood at the same place that queen Aemma was laid to rest 10 years ago. Taeron stood with his wife, Lady Alicent, and father-in-law Otto Hightower. They were joined by their children Aegon, Rhaegar, Heleana, and Aemond. Daeron was being tended to by a handmaiden. Vaegon stood with his wife, Lady Laena Velaryon, and their triplet daughters, Vaela, Baela and Rhaena, and Vaegons son, Duncan. Rhaenyra stood with her husband Laenor Velaryon and their children, Rhaella and Jacaerys. Like Daeron, Lucerys was also tended to by a handmaiden.

King Viserys stepped forward, wanting to deliver a speech, but before he could speak, he began to cough.

"It's alright, Father. I'll handle it from here." Taeron put his hand on his father's shoulder. Viserys looked at his eldest son and nodded at him. Taeron took a deep breath and looked at his wife. Alicent smiled and nodded at Taeron. She was his world, and he was hers. He then looked at everyone in attendance. "We're here today to honor the 10 year memorial of a woman who was taken from this world too soon." Taeron spoke. "Some of you knew her as queen Aemma Arryn. My siblings and I knew her as our mother. She was kind and good. Too good for this world." He held his tears in. "She loved us. She raised us. She defended us against all the bad that the world had in it. She had no dragon, and yet she was as fierce as one. As most of you know, I've never believed in the gods, but I believe that my mother stands here with us, watching us and guiding us as best she can. Not a day goes past that we don't miss you, mother."