Temptations

Small council chambers

Tyland spoke up as Viserys sat annoyed. "The Stepstones were meant to be won for the realm, but over the past few weeks, it seems we have traded a 'Crabfeeder' for a 'Sea Snake'."

"This is clearly a rebuke for passing over Lady Laena for the Princess Consort, Lady Alicent." Lyonel added.

"Years have passed since the business with his daughter, certainly, he still cannot be wroth?" Viserys inquired.

"What did you expect? Taeron asked. "Lord Corlys wanted his blood on the throne, and you ruined that chance for him."

"The Sea Snake is an over-proud man to be sure, your grace." Mellos pointed out. "That pride has been injured. Perhaps we might salve the wound?" He suggested.

"I fear Lord Corlys' pride is the least of our worries." Tyland said

"I don't wish to cause you any further distress Your grace but my brother has sent disturbing word from Oldtown." Otto said. "Lord Corlys is said to have engaged in negotiations with the Sealord of Bravos, he plans to wed his son Laenor to the sealords daughter, if house Velaryon enters into an alliance with the Free Cities...then we will have to seek our own marriage pact."

"What did you have in mind, my Lord Hand?" Taeron asked.

Otto was already on thin ice with Prince Taeron, he hopes this proposal would not anger him. "It would be better for the realm if your sister, the Princess Rhaenyra, should wed Ser Laenor Velaryon, my prince."

Taeron thought about it for a second, perhaps was making sense, if Rhaenyra and Laenor had a daughter, she could marry Aegon and House Velaryon would be secured to his side

"Perhaps the hand has a point, father, she didn't finish her tour, and we had a deal." Taeron said.

"Perhaps we should give her one more chance?" Viserys suggested.

Taeron sighed. "One more chance, after that I will personally see to the match with Ser Laenor."

"Very well. Council dismissed, Taeron, I wish to speak to you, " Viserys said, and the councilors left, and it was only Taeron and Viserys in the room. "I wanted to let you know that I've had the marriage between Daemon and Lady Rhea Royce, annulled, I've sent word to Lord Corlys. It seems that he knows where Daemon is."

"Why are you telling me?" He asked.

"I'm trying to make a mends, I thought I'd start somewhere." Then king said, and Taeron nodded at him.

Taeron and Alicents chambers

"Come on, Aegon, keep trying." Rhaenyra was playing with Aegon. She was trying to get him to say her name. Rhaegar was playing with his toys, and Heleana was held by her mother. She was crying, and it didn't matter who held her. She continued to cry.

Shhh, it's alright. Your father will be back shortly. Alicent said.

"Can I help?" Rhaenyra asked.

"How? She keeps crying with everyone else, and it worries me." Alicent was tired. She didn't know what to do

Perhaps it's because she misses her father. Taeron said as him and Vaegon entered the room. Apologies, my love, the meeting took longer than expected.

It's alright. Here. Alicent handed Heleana to Taeron. The 1 year old baby cuddled against her fathers chest, and within seconds, she was asleep.

"How...what did you do?" Rhaenyra asked. Every woman in the room tried for hours to calm Heleana down, and Taeron did it in mere seconds.

"When Alicent were pregnant, she and I would have conversations when you were sleeping, I thought perhaps that she would find it easier to bond with me. I made sure that she knew me even before she came into this world." Taeron said.