Second Of His Name Part 2

Kingswood

Ser Criston was chasing after Rhaenyra through the Kingswood. He was no fool. If anything happens to the princess, he would not only have to endure the kings wrath, but Taerons as well.

"Princess, slow down!" He yelled, trying to catch up with her. "Hyah! Hyah, princess!" He reached out. He was so close to her.

He finally caught up with her. "No!" She yelled.

"Whoa now, whoa now, whoa now." He said, and the horse stopped. "What happened back there?" He asked.

"My father, trying to sell me off to Jason Lannister." She said and looked at the lake. "When Taeron was named heir, I swore I would stay at his side, no matter what, but now I'm being sold off like some whore." She spat.

"Do you want me to kill him?" Criston asked.

"Unfortunately he's Taeron has his brother in the council, so no." Rhaenyra said and they both laughed.

"We should return back to camp, princess." Ser Criston suggested.

"Oh, it's a beautiful day, we should take in the Kingswood." She said and they rode on their horses. "Have you loved two people at the same time, Ser Criston?"

Ser Criston chuckled. "I had an adventurous youth when my father served at Blackhaven, to be sure, but I've never had the privilege of having more than one lover, or myself loving more than one person, before I spoke my vows as a knight of the Kingsguard, I could've loved one woman while marrying another if I had wished."

"Why not marry both?" She asked wondering why Taeron didn't marry her and Alicent, she didn't care if she would be his second wife, she just wanted Taeron and Vaegon.

"My station isn't high enough for people to look the other way." Criston said.

"How lucky you are to at least have a say in your own life." Rhaenyra said.

"Many in the realm would gladly trade positions with the royal family, princess." He said.

"Only because none of them have held our position." Rhaenyra argued.

"I may be the daughter of the dragon but I am toothless." She said.

"One day, not so long ago, you held enough power to write my name into the White Book, and when your father named me to his knight of the Kingsguard, it was the highest honor any Cole have known, all that I have I owe to you." Ser Criston said.

"You should thank my brother, if he hadn't been there, a choice would've been made for me, but the whole council would never appose him." Rhaenyra said.

"You had the final say, and I'd hardly call that toothless, princess." Criston said and Rhaenyra smiled.

On the other side of the Kingswood, the king and crown prince were starting their hunt for the White Hart, the king was in horseback while Taeron insisted on walking, he said it would be easier to track of he could see where here was going.

"Your grace." Howland, the royal tracker greeted.

"How far?" Was all the king asked.

"The droppings were found half a league to the east." Howland said.

Viserys sniffed the stags droppings and looked at his son. "Still fresh." He said and then he offered Taeron to smell it as well and Taeron looked at him with a straight face.

Howland spoke up breaking the tension between the father and son. "Between two and three hours, your grace, my best scouts spied him, the beast is upward of thirty-five stone. We now have its trail."