Second Of His Name Part 1

115AC - Kings Landing

A feast was being held for Taeron and Alicents firstborn son, for it was his second nameday celebration of Aegon the second of his name.

"He has your hair, my prince." A nobleman said, being focused on Aegon.

"Yes, he does have my hair, Valyrian features are unmistakable." Taeron as if it was obvious. Alicent was patting her sons head and playing with his hair while Taeron was carrying him in his right arm, he was holding another child in his left arm, a boy whose hair was being played with by a handmaiden. He was one years old, Alicent fell pregnant again a year after Aegon, and they named him Rhaegar Targaryen. Alicent was also currently eight months pregnant with their third child.

"He has your eyes, my prince." Another nobleman said, being focused on Aegon as well.

"Yes, he does." The crown prince agreed.

"And both of them have their fathers nose too, don't you?" Viserys said as he touched his grandsons nose, and the Aegon giggled.

From the distance, Otto and his brother, Lord Hobert Hightower, were looking at Aegon. "Two years old and our boy truly has a kingly presence, doesn't he?" Hobert inquired.

"He may yet, brother, but this morning, Aegon insisted on eating porridge with his hands." Otto told his brother.

Hobert started laughing. "He will grow, we've quite a party assembled in their honor, and surely by the end of this hunt, we shall have more to celebrate."

"And what is that pray tell is that?" Otto asked.

"It is Aegons second name day. His infantcy is behind him. All that remains now is for his grace to formally name Aegon as Taerons heir to the throne." He reminded Otto.

Otto knew that his brother was right. To ignore this would be to spit in the eyes of the gods but, he knew he was walking a fine line with Taeron so any idea that he had, he had to be very careful on how to approach Taeron about it. "I'm sure his grace will see it so brother, and if he doesn't, Taeron will make him see it."

"Well, if Taeron fails, then it lies with you to make him see it, Lord hand." Hobert told him and walked away.

While Viserys was playing with his grandsons, Tyland Lannister approached him

"Your grace." He bowed. "I bring urgent news from the Stepstones. The Crabfeeder has dug in for siege on Bloodstone while his men sabotage our fleet under the cover of dark."

"Not today, Tyland." Viserys dismissed

"Not today? When then, I told you that this celebration wasn't necessary. We could've put all of this on hold until the Triarchy was dealt with." Taeron said.

"As the prince has pointed out, the matter of the Stepstones is regrettably urgent." Tyland said.

"It's been three years. It can wait another three days." He looked at Taeron and walked off. Taeron handed his sons to the handmaidens and slowly walked behind his father. "Come, eat, fortify yourselves for the journey, please." Tyland and Taeron shared a look of irritation. "Is the baggage train ready?" He asked Lord Lyonel.

"It is presently massing at the River Gate." Lyonel said. "Lord Jason expects us in the Kingswood before midday."

"Have you seen Rhaenyra?" The king asked

"I have not, your grace." Lyonel said.

"With the Triarchy now sheltering in Bloodstones caves, the threat of the dragons is blunted." Tyland continued.

"They tried to kill my wife, and now they hide like cowards." Taeron said.

"They don't have foot soldiers." Viserys stated while dishing some food