Brothers: The Choice

Taeron and Alicents chambers

"Are you sure?" Alicent asked.

"I'm not entirely sure. I'll have maester Kaeyron be sure, but yes, I think I'm with child." Vaela said.

"Have you told Aegon?" Alicent asked.

"No. I didn't know if I should tell him, but I came to you because... you're the closest thing to a mother that I have." Vaela said.

Alicent hugged Vaela. "It means a great deal to me that you would come to me with this. Your mother would be so proud of you, Vaela."

"Thank you, my lady." Vaela said.

"Alicent. You may call me Alicent." Alicent said.

Viserys chambers

"Can you even imagine the audacity?" Vaegon asked. "We came here to celebrate my sons wedding, and now we're expected to act like guests. Begging to dine with Taeron."

"I don't think you need to beg, my son." Viserys said.

"Well, perhaps if you were done playing with your toys, you'd see that Taeron is destroying your kingdom, father." Vaegon spat.

Viserys chuckled. "He's not. Trade has improved. More people are in the city, and the realm has never thrived more. It does pain me that you and your brother haven't mended your bond."

"I've tried-" Viserys cut Vaegon off.

"No, you haven't. Not really." Viserys said.

"Sometimes, authority must be challenged." Vaegon smirked.

"Careful son. I love you very much. More than life itself, but remember that I'm still your king." Viserys warned.

Vaegon sighed. :I would never have challenged your authority, father. Truth be told, you still hold a special place in my heart. What's left of it, at least. Why did you betroth Taeron to the Hightower woman?" He asked.

Viserys sighed. "I had every intention of announcing the betrothal between Taeron and Laena, but the night before, I saw how happy your brother was when he spoke to her. I thought I was doing the right thing."

Vaegon rose from his chair and put his hand on his father's shoulder. "You did. You did the right thing for him, but it broke us further apart. Now, all I see is the monster in Taeron."

"What can I do to fix this, my son?" Viserys asked.

"I truly don't know." Vaegon said.

Godswood

Aemond and Rhaella were staring at each other for the last minute. They haven't seen each in over a month, but they never stopped loving one another.

"How-" Aemond tried.

"How-" Rhaella tried as well.

Aemond chuckled. "You go first."

"How have you been?" Rhaella asked.

"I've improved in my training." Aemond said.

"Your black eye says something else." Rhaella chuckled.

"Yes, well, I was distracted." Aemond said. "My mind was elsewhere."

"I wonder what." Rhaella teased.

"There's only one person who can pull my focus from anything." Aemond said. Why are you marrying him? He asked.

Rhaella sighed. "My mother and Vaegon arranged this match a long time ago. I've already told you this."

"So I was just a quick fuck then?" Aemond snapped.