Short Tempered

A 15 year old Aemond ran to the shores as he watched Rhaenyra and Vaegons ship leave Kings Landing.

"Rhaella!" Aemond shouted. He could see Rhaella in tears looking at him.

"I'm sorry, my son." Taeron said as he approached with his wife.

Aemond turned to face his father. "I'm going after her." Aemond started walking but was stopped by his father.

"You can't." Taeron said as he put his hand on Aemonds shoulder. "Rhaenyra rejected the proposal, and I can not force her to accept it. She's been corrupted by Vaegon, and there's nothing I can do about it."

Aemond shoved his father off. "This is your doing!" He shouted.

"I asked. No, I begged Rhaenyra to accept the proposal, and she denied it."Taeron defended himself.

"After wanting Luke's eye, what results did you expect, father?" Aemond asked. "That Rhaenyra would trust you again? That she would love you? You've made an enemy of the most dangerous in Westeros. Of course, Rhaenyra rejected the proposal."

"Rhaenyra lived in a fantasy where she could have me and Vaegon for herself, and I wanted to protect this family as I always have!" Taeron shouted.

"No, father! This isn't about Rhaenyra anymore!" Aemond shouted. "Do you not understand yet? I let Rhaella in. I let her in. Like you, I don't let people in." Aemond was crying now. "You knew this, and you've taken her from me." Aemond walked to his father. "I needed Rhealla, and you've broken me, father." Aemond then walked away.

Heleanas chambers

Heleana gasped as he had her dream. She was playing with Rhaella when she suddenly saw her brother.

"Are you alright, Heleana?" Rhaella asked. "Should I call your parents?"

"No. No, I'm fine." Heleana said. She then put her hand on Rhaellas. "I need you to know that Laenor will be happy to see his father." She said.

Rhaella chuckled. "Yes, well, I'll be happy as well. I haven't seen grandsire in almost 5 years. I want to play some more, but I have to see to my mother." She said.

"He will be your first, but you won't be his." Heleana said as she let a cockroach crawl on her hand.

"I shall see you later." Rhaella said and left her cousins room.

Rhaella walked in the Red Keep and saw Aemond walk towards her. It looked as if he was going to his room.

"Aemond?" Rhaella called out.

"What do you want?" Aemond rudely asked.

"I... I heard about what happened in the Dragonpit, and I want to say sorry." Rhaella said.

"Why? You didn't do anything to me." Aemond said.

"Yes, but my brothers did." Rhaella pointed out. She then walked closer to Aemond. "I know what it's like to not have a dragon, and trust me when I say that you will have a dragon one day."

"How do you know?" Aemond asked.

Rhaella held his hand. "Because I know you. You're smart. You're strong and fierce like a dragon."