Home Sweet Home

Stepstones

"So why are you leaving?" Vaegon asked Daemon.

"Because I have no reason to go back." Daemon said.

"You have me." He looked at Daemon sincerely for a second and then started chuckling. "I really tried to hold a straight face, but seriously, I don't think you should leave because of my father. He's weak and pathetic. He'll welcome you back with open arms."

"I don't want to go back to the capital ever again." Daemon said sadly.

"When did you become such... a woman?" Vaegon asked. I looked up to you.

"Here." He presented Dark Sister to Vaegon. "It's yours now."

"Are you sure?" Vaegon asked  he was actually surprised by this.

"Yes, take it." He said, and Vaegon took it. "King of the Narrow Sea." Daemon said, looking at Vaegons crown. "Your father won't like it."

"That's what makes it even better." Vaegon smirked. "I'll see you soon, uncle."

"Yes, you will." Daemon said.

Storms end

Rhaenyra was playing with the necklace that Vaegon had given her four years ago, she missed him dearly, Taeron and the king came up with a proposal that she find a husband on her own, and also tour the realm as Taeron did, no suitor matched what she was looking for, and it made her not want to do this, but unfortunately this was her only chance, or a match would be made for her.

"The wall Blackhaven are unscalable vassal stone, and the castle is surrounded by a deep, dry moat, it is well fortified against any future Dornish incursions, and though my seat may be lesser in size, it is situated most pleasingly." Lord Beric Dondarrion spoke and then walked to get something to drink because his throat was dry. A line of men were waiting to be chosen as Rhaenyras husband, most men were old enough to be her father, others like Lord Dondarrion was older. When he was done drinking wine, he began to speak again. "The view across the marches is inspiring, so said Queen Alysanne herself when she honored my father and I-" He was cut off by Rhaenyra.

"And tell me, Lord Dondarrion, did you think my great-grandmother as beautiful as they say?" She asked.

"This was half a century ago, princess." He answered.

"Yes, it was." She said, and all the suitors started chuckling.

"That was unseemly, princess." Lord Boremund said. He was sitting next to her.

"The man is older than my father. It is unseemly of him to put himself forward as a contender for my hand. He should be lucky that Taeron isn't here to tell him something worse." Rhaenyra said.

"Next." Lord Boremund shouted, and Lord Dondarrion stepped aside. The next contender was a boy. He looked as if he could be twelve years old.

Rhaenyra was not impressed. "And now a child." She said.

"The Blackwoods are an ancient house with a formidable army, in the Riverlands, they once ruled as kings, the blood of the First Men still flows through their veins." Lord Boremund Baratheon explained, and Rhaenyra smiled at him. Boremund then looked at the boy. "Go on,"

"My princess, ours in a bond that has long endured, since Lucas Blackwood, the grandsire of my grandsire aided the dragon in his war of conquest-" He spoke up was interrupted by a Bracken boy older than him.

"Aye, the Blackwoods truly turned the tide in that one." The Bracken boy said, and everyone started to laugh.

The Blackwood boy ignored him and continued. "Coursed with the blood of the First Men, our history is deeply rooted in this land which your house has made its home. If chosen as your match princess, your days shall be easy and your nights safe under my protection -" He was once again interrupted.