We All Go Mad Sometimes

Throne room

The next day, Vaegon got to the throne room and sat on the Iron Throne. He remembered when him and Taeron were younger. They would sit on the throne with their father. At present, he was sitting alone, and he enjoyed it.

"Oh dear brother, you had better make a child soon, or this chair could be mine someday." He said to himself. He heard the door open and saw his sister and Ser Harrold Westerling.

"God's be good!" Ser Harrold exclaimed.

"It's fine, Ser, leave us." Rhaenyra said, and Harrold left.

"What do you think you're doing, brother?" She asked in high valyrian.

"Sitting, this could be my chair one day." He said.

"Not if Taeron beats you off it, you haven't been to court in an age." She said.

"Aye. Court is dreadfully boring." Vaegon said.

"You think everything is boring." She pointed out.

"Not anything that I find boring." He smirked at her and could see her blush.

"Then why come here at all?" She asked.

"I heard Father is looking for me, I was curious as to know what I've done wrong this time." He answered.

"Perhaps he's tired of you whoring around and drinking with Daemon." She said.

He leaned forward. "Are we still talking about fathers anger or your anger?" He asked and smirked.

Rhaenyra was at a loss for words, as she began to mature she had developed feelings not just for Vaegon, but Taeron as well, nothing made her happier than when she heard that Taeron rejected offers for marriage because he wanted someone worthy and she strived to make herself worthy for him but she also loved Vaegons wild and unpredictable nature, her brothers were complete opposites and it made her love them, and want to be with them even more.

Vaegon walked down the steps when he saw that she didn't answer his question. "It's a shame that all of you will be stuck with me, for Taeron still hasn't taken anyone to wife." He said arrogantly.

"He's waiting for a worthy maiden, brother." She defended.

"And who would be worthy of the perfect prince dear sister?" He asked and she didn't answer. "That's what I thought." He looked down at her. By the age of 18, he stood at 6'3, and his elder twin stood at 6'2, whereas their sister only stood at a mere five-foot, four inches. "I brought you something." He said and presented a chain to her.

Rhaenyra studied it. "Valyrian steel, like father Blackfyre and uncle's Dark Sister." She said and reached for it, but Vaegon snatched it back.

"Turn around." He commanded, and she did what she was told and put her hair aside so that Vaegon could put the chain on. Once she heard the chain clasp together, she let her hair down. Vaegon looked at her. "Beautiful."

Rhaenyra chuckled. "You truly are the bain of fathers' existence." She said.

"Well, one of us had to be." He smirked.

"I have to meet Alicent."She said.

"Have fun." He said and watched her leave.

Godswood

Did you read it?" Alicent asked as the two girls were sitting by the weirwood tree, Alicent was holding a book while Rhaenyra laid on her lap. Rhaenyra told her friend about her feelings for her brothers and needed her advice on whomever to choose.