First Step To Redemption

Viserys chambers

"How are you feeling ,your grace?" Prince Taeron asked.

"The gods have punished me for my indulgences." He told her.

"At least the wine was good." He said.

"Too good." He said.

"Hm." Taeron sat on a chair. "I was hoping we might discuss something."

He sighed. "Rhaenyra?" He asked. "I do not think she enjoyed Jason Lannisters company. She is cross."

"I still don't understand why you thought that was a good idea," the crown prince pointed out.

"Rhaenyra has come of age. She must needs marry a high Lord who will honor and defend her and their children. Her wishes in this matter are irrelevant." Viserys said.

"Was that how you felt about mother, that her wishes were irrelevant?" Taeron asked.

"We were different. We wanted to marry, but Rhaenyra always refused to talk about it." Viserys said.

"I do believe that Rhaenyra will marry your grace, but she must believe it is her choice to do so." Viserys looked at her and weighed his options he then nodded in agreement.

You do not call me 'father' anymore. He said.

"You never listened to me." Taeron sighed. "When I returned from my tour, I told you nkt to make mother pregnant. I told you that you had enough heirs, but you refused to listen."

"I can't express how sorry I am for what I've done." Viserys said.

Taeron then saw a paper. "What's this?"

"A letter... from Vaemond Velaryon." Viserys said, annoyed

"The Sea Snakes brother?" He asked

"Yes. He's fighting in the Stepstones with Vaegon and all the rest of them." He said.

He looked at the letter and then at Viserys. "May I?" Taeron asked, and Viserys allowed her to read it. He then read the letter. "Lord Corlys and Daemon are losing the war. Just as I said before, " He stated.

"Badly by all accounts." The king said as he massaged his temple.

"This is a plea for aid." He pointed out, and Viserys nodded. "Then why haven't you sent it yet?"

"Because it is a war started by two malcontents, unhappy with the decisions I made. If I now provide Daemon and Corlys succor, what will that say of their king?" He asked.

"Perhaps that he is a man who loves his brother and who will do everything to protect his son." Taeron told him.

He sighed. "Am I forever doomed to anger one person in the pleasing of another." He stated.

"Then I pose a simpler question: Is it better for the realm if the Crabfeeder thrives or is vanquished?" Taeron asked. "Your son is fighting in this war, send aid...for mother." Taeron got up to leave, but Viserys stopped him.

Wait, son. I have to tell you something. Viserys said, and Taeron sat down again.

What is it? Taeron asked.

"When your mother told me that she was pregnant, I was afraid. I thought that we would lose another one, and then you were born. My first son, Taeron Targaryen, was the first of his name and then Vaegon Targaryen, the first of his name, names that we chose. She loved you with all your heart. While she was pregnant, I saw it in a dream, as vivid as these flames before us. A male babe born to me, wearing the conquerers crown, and wielding the conquerers sword, and the whole of Westeros bowed before him, with his wife and children at his side, and I so wanted it to be true, but when you didn't take a wife, it made me stop believing." He said.