Chapter Eight

It really didn't take long to get home. When I mentioned I had to change Adrien was quick to stay posted outside the apartment. It was kinda cute that he wouldn't even come in the door but the other part of me is just wondering what his issue is since he was litterally under me just last night.

I just grabbed leggings and a hoodie tossing them on as I stumbled through the apartment. Adrien was leaned against the wall outside checking is phone when I came out. He smiles as me as soon as he notices and we start heading towards the boat.

It was fairly quiet other than us making some small talk. He looked like he wanted to say something but never spit it out. I was getting fed up with it but before I could say anything Adrien lightly bumped me with his elbow.

"Race you the rest of the way" He smiled nodding down the street where you could see the top of the flag on the boat.

"Oh yea definitely" I said watching him jump a bit before taking off. I shake my head at him with a smile keeping my pace. Crazy man what's me to run? What is he on.

It didn't take long before I heard a small cheer followed by some silence and him calling out for me. "Comingg" I sing out. When I round the corner to go down the stairs he's waiting by the small bridge to board the ship and talking over to some other kids.

"Ah there she is!" He beams at me "Come on let me introduce you!" He says waving me towards him.

"We were starting to think he went crazy the way he was running down here" A girl with glasses laughed out leaning over the railing.

"That was the plan." I smiled making Adrien pout a little.

"I'm Y/N nice to meet you all" I give a small wave out to them. A chorus of names popped back at me with waves back as me and Adrien made our way on board.

"Terrible with names. I will need them again" I chuckle

"Soo how did you two meet" The one with glasses pipes up again.

"Yoo is this that Barista chick you been-" Adrien quickly jumps the dude covering his mouth.

"Hahaa soo funny Nino I don't even know what you're talking about. We should get a drink I'm thirsty!" Adrien drags the guy away quickly mumbling to him.

"That's not suspicious" I say watching the two move below deck. I turn back to the girl "Ah..Alya?" I question making her smile an nod "We met at work. He's a regular and I kinda used him as a cover story for an ex" I laugh awkwardly "Dudes a total dick and Adrien happened to be there so good way to stick it to him. I guess he decided we were friends after that" I said looking back towards the stairs.

"We must all find forgiveness to let our souls sing the tunes of hearts" A dude with blue hair pipes up making me raise an eyebrow. Another girl swoons at his words making me roll my eyes.

"Dude are you fuckin high or something. I want some of that" I shake my head and he only stares at me blankly.

"You don't need drugs to find peace Y/N" He says moving closer to the front of the group.

"Say my name all sexy again and I'll be sure to find your peace til then butt out of stuff you don't understand" His eyes widen a bit and a small flush of pink hits his cheeks.

"I didn't mean to offend you" He says a little quieter still looking like he was trying to figure something out.

"Yea well.." I look at him for a second trying to remember his name.

"Luka" He fills in for me.

"Right. Well Luka it takes more than that to offend me I'm just saying meet the ass hat and you won't be talking about 'tunes of the heart' and whatever other bullshit the good stuff and get you to say" I make a puff motion before sniffing the air a bit "Actually you probably do gummies huh. Better to keep the smell down" I wink at him "I used that trick all the time with my parents. Doesn't help when you act high though"