Chapter Forty One

Akuma attacks have been more and more common recently making me worried for Chat he's been coming in more and more stressed. I can only imagine what he must be going through. He must feel like the weight of the world is on his shoulders being the savior of Paris in one identity and then a world class model not dignified by any privacy in his other.

But a girl only has such a big sex drive!

I sat on the couch watching the news on coverage of yet another attack. Only one purified Akuma had visted me today and was sat fluttering its wings at me softly as it ate from the honey suckle I'd pluked from my coffee table.

I still couldn't figure out why this happened but it gave me a creepy feeling to know these where no longer Akumas Ladybug had set free. They had to be from hawkmoths lair or something. Which meant he had to be close, closer than he was from my old apartment where I'd only get visited by the butterflies released near by.

I couldn't blame the little bug, in the right hands this little guy would be helping save Paris not destroy it..

"I just don't know what to do Dad. I wanna help but what can I do? He's under so much stress and I don't know how to fix it. I can't very well take it away" I huff continuing to watch the news as I talk softly to my father. I never told him who I was talking about because I didn't want to expose Chats secrets like that but I wouldn't be surpised if he knew anyway.

"Sweetheart men are..complicated for being such simple creatures." He chuckled at himself "More than likely he doesn't even know what he wants. I remember being young..working extra hard so I could save up enough to take your mom out every weekend. I didn't know I needed a break until she forced me down and told me-" He puts on a squeaker voice to mimic mom " 'If you keep burnin yourself at both ends I'll happily teach you want being burned feels like' " We both started giggling knowing the sounded exactly like mom.

"Ok mom just threatening domestic violence on you mkay" I joked making our giggle fit start up again.

"I'm serious though pumpkin. We need the women in our life to smack us upside the head every once in a while. Say 'HEY! You need to calm down'. I would bet you he just doesn't know he needs some down time. Maybe with a certain special friend" He teases making my eyes roll.

"Sushh I'm not taking him on a date!" I push back "We're not..like that"

"That's what your mother said back in high-school. Now look at her. All tied down and stuff" He teases.

"What?! I thought we were just friends this whole time!" I hear moms voice as she comes closer. "Hey sweetheart" She calls out to me making me giggle a bit.

"Hey ma" I shake my head at them their bickering continues on the other side but my attention is stolen has I see the clip of Chat being flung through the air and getting pierced through the shoulder on a piece of broken building. A quiet gasp pops from my body and my breath picks up as I watch him stay laying there.

My eye are wide as he reaches up grabbing his head a bit before looking over at his shoulder. The camera cuts away and focuses again on Ladybug as she continues to fight the villian. She keeps peaking over her shoulder seemingly trying to figure out a plan to help Chat.

"-pkin? Everything ok?" Dad questioned. I was on the edge of my seat I hardly registered their calls.

"Ch-chat" I mumble instantly hearing shuffling on the other side of the phone.

"The news. Pull up the news" Dad demands

"I'm doing it!" Mom snips "Oh god" I hear before the live-video starts playing. "Sweetheart..he'll be fine" Mom trys but it falls on deaf ears. We all stay silent watching the fight.

Chat eventually pops back into the fight blood dripped down his uniform and his left arm was practically completely out of commission the whole fight. Fear continued picking at me as I watched him slowly wear down.

I could feel the turn in my gut watching them all fight. Eventually like always they managed to get the upper hand. I felt like I could finally catch my breath as Ladybug throws up her lucky charm and Chat gets a rush of butterflies over him. As soon as they dissipated he fell down Ladybug instantly rushing to his side.

He waves her off putting himself back up on wobbly feet and moving towards the victim offering the young man a hand up. They all speak for a moment before the two dart off in different directions.

"Sweetheart?" Mom chimes carefully.

"I gotta go. Thanks for the call Dad. I'll talk to yall later" before they have a chance to properly say goodbye I'm hanging up and rushing to open the window. It was only seconds after Chat came flying through.

He looked drained and as he landed his face twisted in pain. I rush to him grabbing his face. "Are you okay!?" I demand. His eyes flicker behind me to the TV.

"You saw that huh?" He questions with a small dust of pink coming to his cheeks.

"Chat.." I start

"I'm fine! Ladybug got me all fixed up. Just a bit of phantom pain" He wraps his hands on my hips "Nothing you can't fix" He smiles before starting to kiss down my neck. I push him back a little staring into his bright green eyes. I let out a little sigh readying my confession.

"Adrien..we need to talk"