Chapter Thirty-One

Stupid dresses, way to much makeup, an insane amount of questions, top enough with a room full of screaming people and flashes I was practically dead inside. After the third time I had to dig my nails into Adriens arm to keep from biting a reporter's head off the interview got cut.

Walking back stage he started to rub his arm. He says nothing when he catches me staring "You've done way worse" He smiles making me smirk a little.

"I'd be happy to do worse now. Get our minds off that train wreck" I throw my eyes back towards the crowd. Still trying to take pictures as we walk away. When we reach the back room he politely asks everyone to leave. They're quick to scurry out and he sits me on a chair pulling a makeup wipe from the counter.

"I'm really sorry about everything" He says gently wiping my face clean. "I should of known to never get involved with you..I should of known the moment press got a wiff I was with someone they'd.." He sighs "I don't even wanna know what I'd call this level of obsession" He focuses in on my face more wiping me clean.

"I appreciate it..I probably wouldn't of gotten involved if I knew what was to come." I admitted making his face fall. "I mean I've lost a lot Adrien. I don't have my apartment anymore, I haven't been able to even speak to my family, they're blowing me up wondering what I've gotten myself into, I have no privacy anymore"

Adrien sighs setting the messy wipe on the counter "Would..would you want to end it? They'd follow you around for a bit as my fling but..we could part ways. Never talk or see each other again..they'd probably forget about you" He mumbles looking down.

"Your fans wouldn't. Trention would do anything in his power to ruin my life more once he realizes the press is wearing down. Plus if I wanted out of the spotlight, I'd have to kick Chat to the curb too" I smiled at him. He let out a small laugh before turning away from me.

But now he was in front of a mirror, and I could see his face getting red and the tears threatening to fall. I press my lips together.

'Why do the flings always catch feelings'

I wrap my arms around his waist leaning up to his ear "I'm sorry I don't feel the same" I mumble. His breath hitches at my words I see his grip tighten on the brushes he was packing away for the lady's. "But I really do like you Adrien. You're a wonderful guy, you've been one of the best friends I've ever had. I appreciate how much work you've put in to try and make me comfortable in this." I plant a small kiss to the back of his jaw.

"I know. I'm sorry. I know you wanted this casual I'm sorry, it's just. Your so" I wrap my hand around his mouth to shut him up. I make eye contact with him through the mirror.

"I think I know how to make you feel better" I smile "Any cameras in here?" I question. He peaks at me for just a second before darting out of the room.

My brows furrow and I wonder over to the couch with a shrug trying to figure out how to get this dress off by myself. As I'm struggling to figure it out, and debating if I should just find some scissors instead, the door busts back in. His breath was a bit less even and his sprint was now a speed walk as he locked the door behind him.

I smiled "So I assume there's not now?" I giggle. He flashes a bright smile at me shaking his head know. He finally reaches me, sliding in behind my and helping me reach the back. As he's undoing my dress he leans in

"So what's going to make us feel better?" His smile when I looked back at him was contagious.

"Take the dress of an find out" I giggle pressing into him a little harder. He let's out a small groan as he finishes getting the dress undone and slipping it off my shoulders. The crumpled mess of fabric hit the floor and I stepped out of it. He looks me up and down taking a breath.