56: medically incorrect?

y/n's pov:

they say that we only live once, that we only get one chance to set things right. Medically that is incorrect, we've come so far that we can keep a person alive, if not dead when found, then if our brain doesn't work they can pull the plug and they'll let us die. We have come so far in the world that we can quite literally keep a person 'alive' even when we're brain death.

It's quite fascinating. We watch movie about the avengers, or other superhero movies. We create an alternate universe, we create it for ourselves. Then when we black out, when we die, we get to be in this universe of eternal freedom. We suddenly have no expectation to be perfect, to look and move perfect. We have no expectation to live in the 'real' world and not get our noses stuck in fantastic comics and powerful movies. We can create our own world, live with Natasha Romanoff as our mom or live with Meredith Grey as our friend with benefits.

No one has the power to decide whether Thor is our toy or our uncle. No one has power over you. We get to decide that for ourselves.

Some believe we go to a state of waiting until our judgement day. Some believe that we are reborn. Some believe that we go to heaven. Some believe that we go to valhalla. Some believe that nothing happens. Some believe our spirit is freed from our body.

I believe that everyone's view of this thing called death, is beautiful. whether it is true or not we may never know. I'm not going to say that we will die only once, cause miracles do happen, people so close to death that they only need one step of that staircase, they can be revived.

We do have that technology and we do have doctors so good that they can operate every part of your damn body. You may never be the same but you can be revived and you can get a second chance to set things right.

There's just one slight problem, when the person wished to die, they normally isn't exactly happy about being revived. some wake up screaming and crying, some try to kill themselves the second they get a chance, some just lay in silence and some people regret what they did and become activist.

But this beautiful concept of death is inevitable, you must die some time. Many doesn't consider dying beautiful but it's one of the only two things in life that's promised. You'll live and you'll die. That's promised.

"y/n? ms. Y/l/n can you hear me?"

Then when you open your eyes, everything is so loud that it just comes as this deafening tone. You can see everything but it's moving in slow motion as if it was a movie. You can feel people grab your hands and kiss your forehead cause suddenly you're awake.

But sometimes the only part of your body you can move are your fingers and toes, i know they say it's better than nothing, but it's worse than everything.

"sissy!"

It can almost sounds as if you're underwater. as if there's an extreme amount of pressure on your ears that lowers your hearing.

"Rose! NO"

Then suddenly all your emotions flow through you, suddenly when you see that one person you love more than the other, you see them and then suddenly you feel so many emotions. You get salty tears running down your cheek and you feel like you want to laugh.

"Y/n? oh my sweet precious girl"

I clench around the hand holding mine, i couldn't answer i was silent as a lamb going to slaughter. Like the white bellbird with a stolen voice. like ariel if you please. I can hear someones deep laughter which was close to be broken by a sob.

"my beautiful, beautiful daughter"

I felt a little body hug me tightly. It was a child that was hugging me. It was rose, her soft small hands hugged me tightly. She wiped a tear off of my face.

"MOMMY MOMMY! y/n is awake did you see it?"

i wanted to laugh, but everything hurts.

Scarlett's pov:

I laughed at Rose's excitement, gosh she loves y/n, i do too so i can't blame her. I smiled at Y/n who still laid stiff as a stick. I wanted to cry but i couldn't allow myself to. I couldn't let y/n feel he guilt, that would have been so cruel.

She smiled weakly at me, it was only a slight smile, but it was all she could give so i appreciate it. Eric softly smiled as he held her hand.

"my pretty girl"

Rose ran over to me and hugged me, her eyes were big and shiny and full with hope. I giggled and hugged rose back.

"r-ro-"

She didn't seem to be able to talk properly. God that broke my heart, that she couldn't even talk properly.

"sie-" she breathed out weakly, clearly still a bit wobbly from the anesthetics.

"do you want rose? cause she's right here"

Rose smiled brightly and waited for permission to actually hug her again.

"n-n-..... o"

Rose's smile dropped and she turned her head up to me, her face had pure sadness written all over her face. I looked at y/n concerned. She didn't want rose in here, why?

I picked up rose and carried her out of the room, the instant the door was closed i heard a loud sob from her room.